< EclipseLink | Examples | REST
RESTful Service Example
In this example we will create a bare bones standards based RESTful service using EclipseLink JPA & JAXB.
- Database Model - This is the database model that we will expose as a REST service.
- Entity Model - We will interact with our database using JPA entities.
- XML Binding - JAXB/MOXy will be used to apply an XML representation to our JPA entities.
- RESTful Service - An EJB session bean will be used to implment the JAX-RS service.
- RESTful Client - We will create a client to interact with our RESTful service.