Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
The NetWeaver server platform is a subclass of the ServerPlatform class that can be used by customers using SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java:
Starting with release 2.1 it is contained in the standard EclipseLink repository:
The NetWeaver server platform allows using EclipseLink within SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java and works with the following versions:
- SAP NetWeaver 7.1 including EHP 1 (should work, but not yet tested)
- SAP NetWeaver 7.2
- SAP NetWeaver 7.3 (not yet publicly available)
Using the NetWeaver Platform
The recommended deployment option is to create a separate deployable application (i.e. an SDA file) containing the eclipselink.jar file and to reference that application from your Java EE application. See the NetWeaver Help Portal for a description how to do this using SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio.
In order to use EclipseLink in your application, the persistence.xml file must contain the following entries:
- Add a <provider> tag to each of the defined persistence units (must be the first line after the <persistence-unit> tag) so that EclipseLink will be used as the JPA provider for the respective persistence unit:
- Include the following property at the end of each persistence unit so that EclipseLink makes use of the NetWeaver platform:
<properties> <property name="eclipselink.target-server" value="NetWeaver_7_1"/> </properties>
- Note that NetWeaver_7_1 is a short name that refers to the NetWeaver platform class. You can also specify the fully qualified class name here.
See also this blog on the SAP Developer Network.
- SAP NetWeaver AS Java (version 7.1 to 7.3) is a Java EE 5 server, hence supporting only JPA 1.0.
- Dynamic weaving cannot be used inside SAP NetWeaver AS Java. Applications should use static weaving instead.
Level of Testing
See EclipseLink/Development/ServerPlatform/NetweaverPlatform/Testing for details on the level of testing.