This page collects available tutorials on writing applications who are targeting the Eclipse 4.0 Application Platform/SDK.
- 1 Lars Vogel (vogella GmbH) Eclipse 4 RCP Tutorials
- 2 The Eclipse 4.0 Application Platform - An Introduction to e4 (Tom Schindl)
- 3 Jonas Helming (EclipseSource) Eclipse 4 Tutorial
- 4 Tyro Programming Eclipse 4 RCP Tutorials for Beginners
- 5 Leveraging Eclipse 4 API to Build Components for the Future (Webinar)
Lars Vogel (vogella GmbH) Eclipse 4 RCP Tutorials
Complete Eclipse RCP tutorial series based on 4.2.
The Eclipse 4.0 Application Platform - An Introduction to e4 (Tom Schindl)
by Tom Schindl
This 60 page tutorial accompanied by the source code for a fully running application introduces the reader to the core concepts of the Eclipse 4.0 Application Platform.
The tutorial is available from Toms Blog
Jonas Helming (EclipseSource) Eclipse 4 Tutorial
This is a blog series by Maximilian Koegel and Jonas Helming of EclipseSource.
- Part 1: The Eclipse 4 Application Model
- Part 2: Views and From the Application Model to the Implementation of Views
- Part 3: Extending the application model
- Part 4: Dependency Injection Basics
- Soft Migrating from 3.x to Eclipse 4 (e4)
- Appendix: Migrating from 3.x to Eclipse 4 (e4)
Tyro Programming Eclipse 4 RCP Tutorials for Beginners
Simple tutorials written by an amateur programmer.
Leveraging Eclipse 4 API to Build Components for the Future (Webinar)
by Eric Moffatt
This is a webinar that covers the major parts of the e4 architecture / API upon which Eclipse 4 is based. It also presents a code pattern that will allow an eclipse view to be presented wherever you want (Wizard page, Dialog...).
This is the project used to create the Wizard Page shown above: Media:WebinarProject.zip.
Just unzip it and add it to your workspace. Then running an inner will show a new entry in the 'New...' dropdown called 'Local Views' (which is the page you see above)
The tutorial is available at Eclipse Live - Webinar