Installing VIATRA Query
Note: Versions before 1.2 were called EMF-IncQuery, so the name "VIATRA Query" has to be substituted accordingly.
Each version of VIATRA Query depends on a specific version Xtext/Xtend.
|Xtext 2.3||Xtext 2.4||Xtext 2.5||Xtext 2.6||Xtext 2.7||Xtext 2.8||Xtext 2.9|
|EMF-IncQuery 0.7||Compatibility branch||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|EMF-IncQuery 0.8||No||RT||RT *||Yes||RT||RT||RT|
|VIATRA Query 1.2||No||RT||RT||RT||RT||RT||Yes|
- RT: runtime only; the development environment will not work with that version, but the runtime will
- The codebase of EMF-IncQuery 0.8 is compatible with Xtext 2.5, but its editor components needs to be regenerated. To avoid confusion, the code base states it requires Xtext 2.6; but it can trivially be updated to work with 2.5 (after a regeneration of editor).
Use the update sites listed on the project download page. The main update site provides both the VIATRA Query runtime and the query development extensions for Eclipse in one SDK feature. It is recommended to install as few features directly as needed and rely on the p2 installer to download required features:
- Select the VIATRA Query SDK feature
- If you want to use VIATRA Query with Graphiti or GMF, select the features GMF Integration for VIATRA Query or Graphiti Support for VIATRA Query, respectively
- If the corresponding Xtext version is not available directly from the main eclipse update site, consult the official Xtext download page.
- VIATRA Query Test Framework
- VIATRA Query Visualization - experimental as of the GEF/GEF4 Zest dependency
Additionally, this update site contains the latest GEF4 Zest to ease the installation. Because of the frequent changes in GEF4 Zest, the graph viewer components are only tested with this bundled version of Zest - other versions may or may not work.
We have a list of examples available in Examples.