Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
EIG:Who should use this guide
Who should use this guide
This guide was written for Java and OSGi programmers that want to extend their system to include:
- communications between humans,
- communication with web and peer based services,
- communication between components
The reader should have some basic idea of networking and communications but does not need to be an expert. Some experience with OSGi and Eclipse is recommended.
How can I use the Network in My System
If this is the question on your mind when you were looking for information then you have reached the correct spot. This manual will explain how you can re-use the framework components of ECF.
The manual will enable you to:
- Include p2p communications in your application
- Make your Java objects available through the network
- Use a distributed event admin
- Understand the ECF API and Design