EIG:Install into Apache Karaf
ECFs Remote Services/Remote Service Admin implementation may be used on any OSGi R4.3+ compatible Framework Implementation. Starting with ECF 3.8.0 we will provide the Apache Karaf provisioning metadata to allow ECF RS/RSA SDK to be easily installed into a Karaf installation.
What is Karaf?
Karaf is a lightweight OSGi server that supports installing Karaf-based features into the runtime. For more information about Karaf, and/or to download see here, and for more information about Karaf provisioning see here.
Installing ECF Remote Services SDK into Karaf
Requirements: Karaf 3.x requires Java 1.7 (1.8 is not supported).
In the instructions below, use the following for the <repo url>
requirements: Karaf 4.x can use either Java 1.7 or 1.8.
ECF Remote Services SDK Install
- If you haven't already done so, install the Karaf webconsole
- Add the ECF Repository
- From the Webconsole Main menu choose Main->Features
- Add the appropriate <repo url> from above to in the text box, and select Add URL button
The available ECF's features will then be shown below (e.g. ecf.rs.sdk)
- Install the ECF SDK
- To install from the webconsole, click on the arrow for the ecf.rs.sdk feature/row underneath the Actions column to install.
- To install from the Karaf command console, enter this command: feature:install -v ecf.rs.sdk
- When install is complete, the bundles list will have all ECF bundles active
The ECF RS SDK is installed and running in Karaf.
To export an example remote service, see here.