EIG:Install into Apache Karaf
ECFs Remote Services/Remote Service Admin implementation may be used on any OSGi R4.3+ compatible Framework Implementation. Starting with ECF 3.8.0 we will provide the Apache Karaf provisioning metadata to allow ECF RS/RSA SDK to be easily installed into a Karaf installation.
What is Karaf?
Karaf is a lightweight OSGi container that supports installing Karaf-based features into the runtime. For more information about Karaf, and/or to download see here, and for more information about Karaf provisioning see here.
Installing ECF Remote Services SDK into Karaf
- Download and Install Karaf v3.0.0 or higher
- Recommended but not required: Install the Karaf webconsole. This makes it easier to install components like ECF RemoteServices and monitor the resulting runtime.
- To install webconsole, at the Karaf command shell enter: feature:install webconsole
- Open a Web Browser at http://localhost:8181/system/console
- In the Karaf webconsole, add the ECF Repository
- From the Karaf Main menu choose Main->Features
- Add the ECF SDK URL: http://download.eclipse.org/rt/ecf/latest/site.p2/karaf-features.xml and choose Add URL button
- Install the ECF SDK
- In the webconsole. click on the arrow for the ecf.rs.sdk feature/row underneath the Actions column. Once the install has started, this will take some time (minutes), and install progress can be monitored via the LogService.
- If you would rather install from the Karaf command console, enter this command: feature:install -v ecf.rs.sdk
- Once all bundles have been installed and started, the Karaf webconsole bundles list should appear