Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
EGit/New and Noteworthy/3.7
- Enable using staging view for submodule repositories
- Double click on conflicting files in staging view opens the merge tool instead of compare view
- Consider URLs with and without ".git" when importing project sets
- Handle external files in CommitUI.getSelectedFiles()
- No new features
- "Updating index" should indicate that view is "busy"
- "Refresh" operation should indicate that view is "busy"
- Case insensitive order of remotes in push branch dialog
- Transparent icons in push branch dialog
- Make EGit Eclipse welcome page more consistent with other team providers
- Automatically configure gerrit for projects cloned from a Gerrit server
- Scalability: don't run incremental update if there are too many changes
- Scalability: label decorator should cache computed repository branch state. This heavily speeds up resource decoration for large repositories
- Fixed many UI freezes reported via Mars automated error reporting (see issue list).
Release Engineering and Build
- Update build to Tycho 0.22
- Use target platform DSL and generator to maintain target platforms
22 Bugs and 1 enhancement requests were closed
The following 11 developers worked on this release:
Alexander Kurtakov, Andreas Hermann, Andrey Loskutov, Christian Georgi, Christian Halstrick, Johannes Dorn, Markus Keller, Matthias Sohn, Michael Keppler, Robin Stocker, Tomasz Zarna