Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Goulwen Le Fur - email@example.com
Release review: November 30th, 2013
Communication channel: eclipse.modeling.emft
New and noteworthy
Adding new widgets in EEF runtime
In order to improve EEF users experience for EMF models editing, new widgets have been added in the framework's runtime. These widgets are:
- SingleCompositionEditor: This widget allows user to edit a 0-1 or 1-1 containment reference on an object.
- EReferencesViewer: This widget bring a simplier interface to edit 0-n or 1-n references. The element selection dialog has a cleaner interface for choosing the referenced elements.
- LinkEObjectFlatComboViewer: The LinkEObjectFlatComboViewer is an improved version of the AdvancedEObjectFlatComboViewer but instead of a simple text displaying the referenced object, it's a navigable link.
As for any other releases, a set bug have been fixed in the framework.
Quality of APIs
The component lead certifies that the requirements for Eclipse Quality APIs have been met for this release. All non-API code is in "internal" packages.
2 active committers from Obeo
- Goulwen Le Fur (project lead)
- Nathalie Lépine
No specific issues have to be noticed for this release.
Project is built from the Eclipse hudson instance through Tycho. A nightly is built once a day if the SCM polling sees a change from the last build.
207 functional tests are launched on the framework at each continuous integration. 66 are failing but this is due to issues on the testing framework. This state will be corrected in the next releases.
API is kept compatible with previous verions.
All of the documentation for EEF is available from the wiki. It will be completed and extended with tutorial as this version matures.
86 bugs are open on the EEF bugzilla:
- 1 Critical
- 5 Major
- 53 Normal
- 6 Minor
- 1 Trivial
- 20 Enhancements
Localization : integrated into Babel
No standard exists concerning the EEF domain.
EEF is usable for any EMF based models, including standards implemented with EMF (UML, BPMN, ...)
EEF team regulary participate to Eclipse Conventions. Talks has been submitted for the two majors Eclipse events:
- EclipseCon Europe 2013
- EclipseCon North America 2014
EEF 1.3 follows the following schedule:
RC1 11/18/2013 RC2 11/20/2013 RC3 11/22/2013 Final 11/30/2013
Java and all Java-based trademarks are trademarks of Oracle, Inc. in the United States, other countries, or both.
UML and XMI are trademarks of the Object Management Group.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.