EATOP/Adopter environment setup
This page is for developers of tools based on EATOP. It aims at providing a guide to setup EATOP for this purpose, and in particular to define the needed target platforms.
Defining a target platform
The recommended way to configure the environment where an Eclipse modeling tool or application will run consists in defining a target platform.
- Create a new target platform definition file;
- Open it in the appropriate editor;
- Click on Add... button to add EATOP;
- Select Software Site and click Next >;
- Provide the location of the EATOP update site (cf. download), select the required features and click Finish.
Setting the target platform
- Open the target definition file with the target editor;
- Wait for the completion of the Resolving Target Definition operation. This may take a while, in particular at the first time, because all directly and indirectly required target platform plug-ins and features are being downloaded or updated as necessary during that operation. If errors occur, try to close and reopen the target definition file so as to re-trigger the target platform resolution;
- Click on link Set as Target Platform (in the upper right corner of the target editor).