Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
E4/Meeting Minutes/Status 20100128
- Boris Bokowski
- Dan Rubel
- Eric Moffatt
- John Arthorne
- Mike Wilson (McQ)
- Oleg Besedin
- Paul Webster
- Susan McCourt
- Remy Suen
- Yves Yang
- Starting implementation of tab folder style support for e4 new look (rounded corners, shadows, etc)
- Pluggable renderer for CTabFolder with default implementation for "old look"
- Eric working on event defects related to e4 designer
- Writing documentation on rendering engine, renderers
- Making progress on compatibility layer, eliminating compile errors in 3.x API tests compiling on e4
- Short term goal is getting small set of 3.x views hosted on e4. Longer term entire SDK hosted on e4.
- Working on part service, save lifecycle
- Adding save handler service to context
- Doc on compatibility layer here: E4/UI/Running the compatibility demo and E4/Compatibility/Testing
- e4 designer
- Wizard for creating a simple e4 application
- Currently model can be changed arbitrarily but need to be able enforce constraints on model structure (want to prevent a menu being dropped on a view, for example)
- Eric working on support for validating/enforcing model integrity
- Fixing context problems - how events are propagated
- Hope to have another mockup of new e4 look by next week
- Goal to have prototype of e4 look in place for M4
- We had a long discussion about the problem of service discovery and specification of client-provided behaviour. See bug 300099 for a persistent discussion on this.