Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
E4/Meeting Minutes/Status 20090723
- John Arthorne
- Kevin McGuire
- Mike Wilson
- Oleg Besedin
- Paul Webster
- Prakash Rangaraj
- Serge Beauchamp
- Silenio Quarti
- Current status
- How close are we to being done?
- Steadily improving but expectations also going up
- Have hooked up a lot of the commands and actions
- Not all keybindings work as expected (e.g., home/end in editors)
- One final keybinding problem with dialogs, Ctrl+C goes to editor behind it.
- Want to fix a minimal set of commands that still don't work (cut/copy/paste)
- Need to add style sheet switching to e4 workbench
- Need to create a simpler splash - current splash is cool but gives wrong impression of smashing Galileo
- Working on getting open/close perspectives working properly
- Can get into a state with cascading error dialogs (perhaps a listener gone haywire)
- Would like to get restore perspective working but unlikely
- Debug has many ways to open editors and not all of them work yet
- Helping users get started
- Give steps for how to create an instance of the e4 workbench model
- How to load the photo/contacts demos
- Provide a command in Help that will populate the workspace with e4 examples
- Workspace with .psf files pointing to tagged versions of example projects
- Make sure example information on the wiki is correct
- Plan for next few days
- Need to verify bugs as much as possible
- Declare RC2 tomorrow, and do a half day test pass on Monday
- Major problems that users will hit that we aren't fixing need to be in the readme. Ensure there is a bug report corresponding to it.