Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
E4/Meeting Minutes/Status 20090714
The purpose of this call was to prioritize the remaining work on e4 before next week's 0.9 release. The minutes below record a rough list of the important remaining work. We will reconvene early next week to evaluate remaining work at that point.
- Boris Bokowski
- Eric Moffatt
- John Arthorne
- Mike Wilson
- Oleg Besedin
- Paul Webster
- Silenio Quarti
- Simon Kaegi
- Tom Schindl
- Action sets now track visibility correctly
- Need to remove min/max icons from views (or implement min/max)
- There is an extra border around tabs on ETabFolder that should be removed
- Should be able to get most menu commands working, but need to check on case-by-case basis.
- File>Save absolutely needs to work
- Correct dirty affordance
- Prompt when dirty editor is closed
- File>Save As would be nice
- Need callback from model when:
- Model element visibility changes
- When model element goes away (close)
- Use cases
- Be able to use e4 platform to build and run a simple e4 application (without compatibility)
- Be able to run with compatibility layer included and incorporate old views/etc.
- Rename PartRenderer/PartFactory
- Split renderer extensions into another plug-in to allow someone else to contribute renderers.
- End-game process
- Get another committer to +1 any changes starting next week. You can ask McQ if there isn't someone more closely related to the change.
- For this week, there is no formal process, but we need to make sure we focus on the most important things first, because time is running out.