Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
E4/Meeting Minutes/Status 20090416
- Boris Bokowski
- Eric Moffatt
- Doug Schaeffer
- John Arthorne
- Kevin McGuire
- Oleg Besedin
- Paul Webster
- Simon Kaegi
- Steve Northover
- Writing new tests for e4
- Need to identify subset of 3.x tests that we can run against the e4 compatibility layer to verify API conformance
- Common approach to listener
- Action sets, menu contributions, workbench action builder working in e4 compatibility layer
- Working through actions/handlers that were reaching into internals
- Removing references to org.eclipse.core.runtime. This bundle mostly consists of evil singletons. If you find yourself needing to use API from here, such as Platform class, find a neighbourhood Equinox committer to learn the proper thing to do. Or, see what the implementation of those methods does, and you can usually find the OSGi service that you should be using.
- Created a bundle for annotations so we can use injection throughout e4 workbench implementation (eat our own programming model dog food). We can now greatly simplify consumption and management of OSGi services via contexts and injection.
- Working on different architecture for CSS styling with different styling classes per widget. Hopefully cleaner and easier to manage