Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
DTP project meeting, February 9, 2010
- Brian "Fitz" Fitzpatrick (Red Hat)
- Linda Chan (Actuate)
- Brian Payton (IBM)
- Hemant Kolwalkar (IBM)
- We need to get our EclipseCon passes by Feb 14. Linda has hers. Fitz hasn't heard from his mgt. at Red Hat yet.
- Fitz received a response from Motorola regarding the combined DTP EclipseCon talk.
- There is some work we need to finish up for 1.7.2. Brian will put a couple of fixes in, the rest will need to be moved to 1.8. There are currently no "must-fix" defects for the 1.7.2 release.
- There were some check-ins that didn't get tagged. The build team said they would go ahead and tag the changes in both the HEAD stream and the 1.7.2 stream.
- IBM is going to add to DTP some fixes and enhancements that have been accumulating in their version of DTP in the past year or so.
- Brian P. is not a committer on the Connectivity project, which is where many of the changes go. Fitz will start a committer election for him.
- Fitz isn't familiar with the connectivity.sqm.core stuff. Fitz will take a look for review, but doesn't promise anything.
- Hemant explained what modelbase changes need to be made:
- Adding a "hook" to add stuff to SQL model elements
- There are changes in the datatype structure (Array...)
- There are changes in the character set model
- Adding an enum RANDOM to ASC / DESC
- Need to regenerate the Sybase model extensions
- What level of Eclipse/EMF should we build on?
- We will stay on the 3.4.2 (and associated EMF) base for now
- We might want to update our LPG, since the new version has appeared in Orbit.
- Linda mentioned that we need to update the 1.8 plan in the wiki regarding the new stuff we're adding. Should also put something in dtp-dev.