Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
|Tools for Mobile Linux|
|TmL Web Site|
|Regular Phone Meetings|
TmL Roadmap 2007-2008
This roadmap covers the period from July 2007 to June 2008. During this period, there are two main milestones:
- The TmL Continuation Review in December 2007; and
- The Eclipse Ganymede Release in June 2008.
The objectives of the TmL team for the period from July to December 2007 include:
- Contribute the VNC client view component (also known as the VNC viewer), which can be used either as an independent component (i.e. an independent plug-in) or as part of the emulator framework;
- Contribute the TM-independent version of the device emulator framework, including an example emulator plug-in (probably QEmu ARM);
- Contribute the TM-integrated version of the device emulator framework, including the "adapter" classes and packages required to allow interworking of the emulator framework and the TM infrastructure and an example emulator plug-in (probably the same QEmu ARM);
- Contribute the classes and packages required to allow for use of the VNC viewer together with both variations of the emulator framework;
- Contribute the components that add support to remote emulators to the device emulator framework, including an example emulator plug-in to be executed remotely;
- Add a component to the device emulator framework to support skins, e.g. to include a mobile phone shell in the VNC viewer view;
- Presentation of a long talk at Eclipse Summit Europe in October 2007 describing the device emulator framework (including a demo of an example emulator plug-in), the current project status and the plans for the simulated end-to-end environment.
From January to June 2008 the plans include:
- Implementation of the infrastructure and example simulated back-end servers for the simulated end-to-end environment;
- Presentation of a tutorial or long talk at EclipseCon in March 2008 about the device emulator framework, including the TM-integrated version, the VNC viewer and support to remote emulators, and also (possibly) a short talk about the simulated end-to-end environment.
The first release of the TmL project ("TmL 1.0") should include the VNC viewer, the device emulator framework and the infrastructure for the simulated end-to-end environment, at a minimum. It is still under discussion, but it is estimated to happen after June 2008.