Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
|Meeting Title:||TM Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Wednesday Jun 2, 2010 at 1620 UTC / 1220pm Toronto |
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| Martin to call everybody by Skype|
Interested Parties ping martin.oberhuber on Skype Chat for getting added to the call.
Backup dial-in: Freephone +1 (866) 8693090 / Passcode: 0587322148 #
Austria 01 928 7547 / Russia 81080029331012 / Germany 069222216110
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.
- Dave D, Dave M, Xuan, Anna, Martin
- Last DSDP/TM/Meetings/5-May-2010
- Martin: 3.2 (Helios) release - we are pretty much done. New & Noteworthy will be on the Wiki this year.
- Athena / CBI will not be used due to issues. Glad we have legacy builder. Local Terminal might not go to Helios coordinated Repo (only TM).
- Dave M: bug 315333 dstore certificate chaining: should be OK for RC4 with Dave M + Martin as reviewers. Observe the DSDP/TM/3.2 Ramp down Plan.
- Dave D: Next meeting Jul - should we open a branch for 3.2.1 right away?
- Branch in the Repo is sufficient, don't need a Build.
- Exchange E-Mail when it's known that branch exist.
- Temporary branch now, merge to main after 3.2 is out, work in main over the summer.
- Plans for next year
- Wind River - no plans for RSE, little improvements to Terminal, TCF separate project. Shooting for TM 3.3 makes sense.
- Mentor - similar to WR.
- IBM - no statement.
- 3.2.1 / Unittest commitment
- WR interested in top stable 3.2.1 -- would like commitment to actually fix unittest issues.
- Helios (3.2) is green on 115 tests now. Enabling tests for additional connection types (SSH, FTP, DStore) shows lots of bugs though.
- Can we get committment to fixing these? Or are we plainly focused on user-reported errors?
- Dave D: I think an investment in making the current unit tests run in connected environments is a good idea.
- All agree.
- 3.2 Endgame
- Martin may be out of office. Dave D to handle escalations, just in case.
- Martin to prepare everything build-wise and let committers know how to "flip the switch" to make things visible.
- Martin should be reachable (with delays).
- (96) TM 3.2.x assigned bugs
- Severity Major open bugs, High Priority open bugs, DSDP/TM/3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds, DSDP/TM/3.1 Known Issues and Workarounds, DSDP/TM/3.2 Known Issues and Workarounds,
- Community contributions: (66) Open bugs with patches right now, many assigned 3.1.x or 3.2.x Should apply before patches get outdated (see also the Bug Process Page for a query)
- Martin - Maybe out of office in June
- Dave D - Maybe some beginning July, short bursts
- Dave M - End July / 1st week August
- Anna - Last week June
- Last DSDP/TM/Meetings/5-May-2010
- Everyone old Fix target milestone of (old milestone) assigned bugs.
- DaveM: old bug 199596 Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;
- Martin: Create project plan, old 3.1.1 assigned bugs; bug 256581 SSH performance; bug 240991, bug 239230 Early startup
- Anna: old new builder based on CBI tutorial
- Xuan: old Look at bug 230917 Archive Handler Unittests
- DaveD: old Create bug for partial model export; bug 238574 Make new website available and E-mail questions on mailinglist
- Next DSDP/TM/Meetings/7-Jul-2010 (5 weeks after)