DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 9-Jan-2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday Jan 9, 2007 at 1700 UTC -- 1 hr later due to Orbit call|
|Dial-in:|| International +44 (0)1452 567588|
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight (Kushal Munir - sick)
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, (Uwe Stieber n/a, Ted Williams n/a)
- Our top goals
- Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help: being responsive
- Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
- Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
|Martin||50%||Finished Europa M4 delivery. Not got to adding plan itmes yet||50%|
|DaveD||80%||Refactorings; working with lawyers on new submissions; improved persistence, will add unittests for persistence||80%|
|DaveM||60%||Bug work, compiler warnings; api change for file properties for some bugs (timestamps, permissions); EclipseCon||60%|
|Javier||50%||Passive FTP; Look at moving away from EMF?||50%|
|Ted||80%||finished initial "new build" scripts, to be looked at by martin||0%|
|Uwe||50%||Unittest framework finished, docs added||0%|
|Michael||20%||Working on performance improvements in Terminal; created test connection, analyzed with OptimizeIt||20%|
- Top priority this week is getting started with the "big rocks" in bugzilla, for RSE 2.0 Planning
- add unit tests for all new or modified API
- document API changes:
- ALL API changes need to have an associate bugzilla item tagged with [api]
- At time of API freeze, we will search all [api] bugs and generate migration docs (manually out of them)
- When making an API change, not only look at the code but also look at ISV docs
- Text search for package names or class names
- Usually javadoc is sufficient - there are rare cases where overview is affected as well
- RSE 2.0 Planning
- Plan not made yet, but looks like everyone is working on proper items already. Martin to finish plan items this week
- Think about limiting the API: Make APIs internal along the way of updating documentation, and making Unit tests, we'll see some API we want "internal".
- DaveD: Is there a tool that looks for cycles in package reference graph?
- Michael: Lattix - shows dependencies as a matrix
- Martin: API Scanner from the WTP project
- Vacations, Holidays etc.
- Michael travelling next 2 weeks
- Kushal busy with IBM until Jan.19
- DaveD going to Chicago end of the month; Florida in February for a week
- Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
- DaveM to meet Martin regarding EclipseCon, will need quite some time
- DaveM to meet DD folks in Toronto
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD - Refactoring UI/Non-UI; Persistence; Bugs & Unit tests; New bug for moving DTD.
- DaveM - Meet Martin re. EclipseCon; Bugs & Unit tests; API for setting timestamp & permissions
- Kushal - Encodings; Compiler Warnings (UI); Talk to DaveD re Comm Server; Bugs & Unit Tests
- Martin - Meet DaveM re. EclipseCon; Bugs & Unit Tests; Plan Item Specifications; Personal Interviews via Skype; Work on RSE 2.0 Planning; TM and RSE FAQ, improve Wiki and Website (how to contribute);
- Javier - Bugs & Unit Tests, FTP passive mode
- Ted -
- Michael - Terminal Performance Improvements
- Uwe -
- Open DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 10-Jan-2007 at 9am PST
- DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 16-Jan-2007 at 1600 UTC