Skip to main content

Notice: This Wiki is now read only and edits are no longer possible. Please see: for the plan.

Jump to: navigation, search

DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 10-Jul-2007

< DSDP‎ | TM
Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Jul 10, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: ID: 8977 Passcode: 1234
Backup Dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.


  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, (Uwe Stieber n/a), (Michael Scharf n/a)

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).


News & Review Action Items

Martin 100% Releng stuff for / patches; Configurable port for SSH / Telnet 100%
DaveD 90% bugs 50%
DaveM 30% some 2.0.1 fixes 70%
Javier 30% 30%
Uwe 5% - 5%
Michael 10% 10%

Plan for the TM Future

  • A TM Project Meeting is planned for SEPTEMBER 19th and 20th in Chicago, together with the Members Meeting.
  • Please review and edit TM Future Planning together with your Requirements / Product Management folk
    • Martin edited the planning page, adding a top-10 list of priorities - everybody welcome to review
    • TPTP AGR for Unit Tests?
  • Eclipse Rumors
    • Platform thinking about forking off a 4.0 branch in addition to the 3.4 Ganymede branch during the year
    • Equinox working on Authentication and Authorization with pluggable authentication modules based on JAAS -- See this message on equinox-dev - Martin seeking contact with them

Current Work

  • Asterisk: New conferencing solution - Need Idefisk 1.37, see Asterisk Conference Calls
    • VoIP did not work for Xuan and DaveM (did not hear anything, were not asked for password)
    • VoIP did not work for Javier (firewall issues: port UDP 4569 blocked)
    • Javier tried US dialin to hook up with Martin only: heard quite some noise, Martin heard Javier but quite silent, also there seemed to be quite some delay. Martin will tell the Foundation people - keep the current phone number for now.
  • Releng: TM released to downloads and update site - fixes bug 192741 ZIP Archives and bug 194204 FTP Move
    • Releasing this was quite some work, next time we should try hard getting critical fixes into the original release
    • Should any more patches be needed, these will go into R2_0_patches branch of the mapfiles
    • 2.0.1 work done in HEAD, with weekly I-builds on thursday
  • Applying contributed patches: Please add the "contributed" kwd when checking in to CVS and adding to the tm-log.csv. Big thanks to Xuan, Kevin and Rupen for all the valuable contributions!
  • 193329 First Column in Table View - WR would like to see a fix for 2.0.1
    • DaveM to change the heading to "Label" instead of "Name" for 2.0.1; cannot easily filter it away or split off the Icon
  • What is the intent of drag&drop a Subsystem? (Can currently drag to the Scratchpad; others look enabled but do not work)
    • Only reason to drag hosts or subsystems is just for the Scratchpad; users might come up with a view where hosts are collected and grouped;
    • User feedback is not very good (looks like one could drop the host in project explorer, but it does not do anything) - DaveM: not sure if we have control over that (With PluginTransfer we probably do not have enough information to give feedback it won't work) - AI Martin to file a bug regarding the canDrop user feedback
  • Severity Major Bugs:
    • DaveM: 193858 RSE folder tree problem - tempfiles do not take connection name or user id on remote side into account; similar to tempfiles structure does not support tunnelling - 195285 mountPathMappers enhancement - AI DaveM look at this week
    • Martin: Telnet, EFS, Releng (consume Orbit officially)
    • Any Doc issues still open? (AI DaveD) - some Tutorial issues; defer until late in the 2.0.1 cycle? DaveD like to do it a little earlier than in the absolute end.
    • Kushal to reassign almost all of his bugs to the Inbox
  • Javadoc Reviews: @since tag for new API, missing @param tags, ... can be fixed now for RSE since we are rebuilding just about every RSE plugin for 2.0.1 (except discovery, terminal, remotecdt, tests right now)
  • Adding Unit Tests will also be a high priority. Archive Handlers are a good candidate to test -- can write a single unit test for create, add, extract, modify, move and then apply to ZIP / Tar / Local / DStore
    • Currently 19 JUnit tests in the org.eclipse.rse.test - AI Xuan to import into workspace, DaveD to answer questions

Work post 2.0.1

  • Currently feels like too many bugs are assigned 2.0.1 -- but we'll decide that after 2.0 is released
  • Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority

Vacation, Away

  • Xuan - maybe some public holidays beginning of August (Aug 3rd, Aug 6th) in Toronto
  • DaveD working on and off
  • DaveM, DaveD taking a couple weeks in August
  • Javier ooo last two weeks in August

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • Everyone review the TM Future Planning page
  • DaveD: 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
  • DaveM: 2.0.1 fixes, 195285 mountPathMappers enhancement
  • Kushal: reassign bugs to Inbox
  • Xuan: look at existing org.eclipse.rse.tests, start JUnit tests for archive handlers
  • Martin: Contact Equinox people; File bug re. canDrop feedback; 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests; Migration Docs, EFS Fixes, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
  • Javier: 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
  • Michael: Terminal performance improvements

Next Meeting

Back to the top