What is Capella?
Capella is the Model-Driven Engineering (MDE) solution provided by Thales. It is a Tooled-Up-Process solution that enacts Systems Engineering and Software Architecture Engineering recommendations defined by Arcadia, the Thales standard Systems Engineering Method that promotes functional analysis and early validation.
For more information on Arcadia, please refer to the dedicated page on the website and check out the introduction document.
Capella has been specified, designed and developed for providing a high value engineering environment to the System Engineering and Software Architecting teams, promoting innovative approaches in engineering practices. It benefits from the return on experiment from previous deployment of MDE in Thales large projects and from recent progress in the MDE technology domain. It has been successfully deployed in a wide variety of industrial contexts and proved to have an acceptable maturity for deployment in terms of reliability, robustness, performance, efficiency and adaptability.
Capella provides its integrated tooled-up process solution on top of the state-of-the-art de facto standard Eclipse Open Source IDE Platform.
Capella is based on PolarSys solution and Eclipse components, notably:
- Kitalpha and its Core Technology Kit, that provides the architectural foundations of Capella and which is the Capella viewpoint development and runtime environment ;
- Sirius, used at development time (e.g., for a graphical rendering of the architectures) and runtime (e.g., for architectures edition through diagrams and tables) ;
- EMF Diff/Merge that provides Capella advanced model tooling capabilities (e.g. model diff/merge, iterative transformations, pattern support, etc.) ,
- EGF used for producing and maintaining the Capella metamodels, helpers.
Read an overview with the project page to read more about our mission, our Community, our governance, and what makes Capella unique.
- 2019-12-16: Capella XHTML Docgen 1.4.0 (site) add-on for Capella 1.4.0 is now available for download
- 2019-12-11: Capella 1.4.0 is available Download
- 2019-12-04: Capella XHTML Docgen 1.3.2 (site) add-on for Capella 1.3.1 is now available for download
- 2019-06-25: Requirements 0.10.1 add-on for Capella 1.3.1 is now available for download
- 2019-06-24: Filtering 1.3.0 add-on for Capella 1.3.1 is now available for download
- 2019-06-20: Transition System to Subsystem 1.3.1 add-on for Capella 1.3.1 is now available for download here
- 2019-06-14: Capella 1.3.1 is available Download
Where can I get help?
How do I get involved?
There are many ways to contribute to the Capella solution and the community that surrounds it. On the Community page you can find out how to contact the community members and get involved in the Capella community.