Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
COSMOS Stop Ship Template
Stop Ship Request Template
When requesting approval to check in a fix when COSMOS is in stop-ship mode, post your request to the project's mailing list with answers to the following questions:
- Explain why you believe this is a stop-ship defect. How does the defect manifest itself, and how will users of COSMOS / consuming products be affected if the defect is not fixed?
- Is there a work-around? If so, why do you believe the work-around is insufficient?
- Is this a regression or API breakage? Explain.
- Does this require new API?
- Who performed the code review?
- Is there a test case attached to the bugzilla record?
- What is the risk associated with this fix?
- Is this fix related to any standards that COSMOS adheres to? If so, who has validated that the fix continues to adhere to the standard?