Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
COSMOS Design 260725
Core resolver for file system and core file system properties
This is the design document for bugzilla 260725.
|January 22, 2009
|Names of people doing the work
|Jeff Hamm, Brad Beck
|Build and infrastructure
|Code review, etc.*
'* - includes other committer work (e.g. check-in, contribution tracking)
This enhancement will provide a basic implementation of a resolver for the SDD Runtime that can process and resolve file system properties as modeled in a SDD.
- Based on the CIM type of CIM_FileSystem, the resolver must be able to recognize the type of file system being utilized.
- Typically, the operating system must be known in order to determine the proper method of utilizing and asking for file system properties.
- The resolver must be able to provide a core set of property handlers.
- The resolver must be able to check to see if a defined file system resource meets minimum and maximum size requirements.
- The resolver must be able to determine if a defined file system resource is hosted by the the parent of defined resource in topology.
- The resolver must be able to determine if a defined file system resource exists.
- Interfaces to the class must adhere to a common api for existing in the Profile Module.
- "FileSystemResolver" will take the file system properties defined in the SDD and see if the conditions that are required can be satisfied.
- This resolver will use other defined resources in topology of the SDD to validate the existance.
- Resolution of file system properties often will require other resources in topology to be resolved.
Impacts of this enhancement
- The SDD runtime will be able to interact with defined topology file system services and use this data to help in resolution of defined SDD resources and requirements on the defined service.