|Meeting Title:||COSMOS Community Monthly Summit|
|Date & Time:|| Friday, April 11, 2008
8:30 am EST - 12:30 pm EST
|Toll-free Dial-in number:||+1 (877) 421.0528|
|Primary International Dial-in:||770-615-1258|
|Minutes||Meeting minutes are on the Talk Page|
- DC discussion (Don Ebright)
- This was deferred from April 3 arch call due to the desire to have Mark's perspective in this discussion
- Don would like to explore the role of Muse in COSMOS 1.0 and beyond
- SDD update (Jason Losh)
- This was deferred from April 3 arch call because Jason was unable to attend due to a last minute conflict
- Jason to talk about synergy between CMDBf, SDD, and SML
- Will an SDD runtime be available for COSMOS 1.0? If yes, is its scope known yet? - Jimmy Mohsin
- COSMOS 1.0
- Will COSMOS be declared as 1.0 in June? What does that mean?
- These are our options for June: COSMOS June 2008 Options
- Early adopter experiences (Jimmy Mohsin)
- Input from some early adopters
- Which i10 integration build will be appropriate for early adopters?
- Post-"i11" Plans
- Post COSMOS i11 timeline
- When should we expect a post-June timeline?
- Is there an identified resourcing model / approach? Or will the same team continue?
- Given the new COSMOS 1.0 timelines, may we still have M3 at June end? We need this to position our updated schedule to our early adopters.
- Semantic or Information model AND/OR taxonomies
- What is the scope of an Open Source Information Model? How does it jive with the Taxonomies we have talked about earlier?
- What role will CML play in this regard? Can it be THE building block for this effort?
- What will the role of CMDBf be in this space? Can we say that CMDBf is THE information model for configuration data?
- This is obviously a VERY difficult (yet high value) requirement; we also need to think about how we can phase it into Open Source, assuming this is something we even want to do…
- Future technology directions for COSMOS... What are our plans for the following:
- Will the Domain be back at some point?
- What are our plans for supporting multiple types and instances of Brokers?
- Coverage for types of data in COSMOS
- Currently, we cover Configuration Items via support for CMDBf
- What do we do in regards to other types of data?
- How do we evolve / enhance our support for CMDBf
- Security design AND reference implementation(s)
- What will COSMOS 1.0 support / deliver in November 2008?
- Will there be a reference implementation that showcases Security?
- Will COSMOS 1.0 address any i18n considerations?
- Well defined COSMOS install & upgrade approach / paradigm / tooling
- I state this since I doubt if we will be able complete this by June end for COSMOS 1.0
- Management capabilities for core COSMOS components (i.e. for the Domain and the Broker)
- Logging - we need to address this soon after 1.0 (ER 224079)
- Need project wide approach and strategy, esp. with SDD becoming more integrated
- Is log4j the way to go?