CDT 5.0 Ramp-down Policy
- RC1 - Build Fri, May 16 - Release Tues, May 20
- RC2 - Build Fri, May 23 - Release Mon, May 26
- RC3 - Build Fri, May 30 - Release Mon, June 2
- RC4 - Build Fri, June 6 - Release Mon, June 9
- Final - Build Fri, June 13 - Release Mon June 16
Starting immediately (M7/RC0), no new features.
Starting Fri, May 30 (after M3 build), all commits must be accompanied with a notification to the cdt-dev list providing a link to the bug that was fixed. The CVS logs will be monitored to ensure compliance.
The idea is to ensure we're only fixing bugs during the RC cycle. And as we get closer, it's important that we all understand what's changing and can object if too much is changing too late to ensure we stabilize by the end of the release.
Project lead will also continue to send countdown e-mails as we go to track open bugs.