- June 26, 2012, 10am EST
- Eclipse Conference facility
Andrew R., Igor F., Thanh H, Paul W., Krzysztof D., Carl A.
1) Qualifiers work update - Igor F.
- Work is complete, waiting on CQ 6591
2) IU/Test update - Thanh H.
- some empty source bundles. need to be cleaned up upstream. build.properties vs. feature.xml <= Igor will look at to consider if Tycho could build.
- Some third party bundle differences.
- NPE's to jar files it couldn't find. Need a platform team member to help tell us where they need to be & why.
3) SWT & Equinox launchers - Krzysztof D.
- Expected tomorrow fully working build with latest tycho snapshot.
- Thanh will revert temporary commenting out since issue with tycho 0.16 snapshot has been resolved
- Need to test on MacOS & Windows to see if natives work. (Thanh H.)
4) WTP - Carl A.
- Working on git migration
- We'll get back to tycho build for WTP once platform is done
5) Platform monolith discussion - Andrew R.
- Igor noted on the mailing list that a monolithic build diminishes the value of CBI for the platform
- Andrew suggested it's highly unlikely the platform will be re-organized. Too big, too risky, and little concrete business value.
- Andrew suggested it may be possible to have Tycho do build avoidance by pulling pre-built bundles from a repository. Thus making it possible to skip over components you don't want to build.
- Igor noted the circular dependencies were nasty, and the tests run against the monolith rather than just a component. As a result, this may not always be much help.
- Andrew noted the build is 11 minutes to build the entire monolith on his machine, so perhaps not so bad.
- Igor agreed these options may help.