This page is for tracking Common Build Infrastructure (CBI) and Long Term Support (LTS) related project ideas for Google Summer of Code.
Please see the FAQ for details regarding timeline, description, etc.
The Ideal GSoC Project
The ideal GSoC project is one that is:
- well defined
- can be completed in 2 months time including all design, coding, testing, and documentation
- has at least 2 people with enough familiarity that are committed to mentoring
- has a number of potential support avenues such as a mailing list, IRC, meetings, conference calls, etc.
- innovative if only in some modest way (rather than implementation/free labour)
- helps advance the project in some modest way