BIRT PMC Minutes - Monday, June 16, 2008
< To: BIRT PMC Minutes
Monday, June 9, 2008 @ 10am Pacific.
- Paul Clenahan - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation
- Scott Rosenbaum - BIRT PMC - Innovent Solutions
- Jason Weathersby - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation
- Cheng-Yee Lin - Attending for Mike Fox - IBM Corporation
Unable to Attend
- Wenfeng Li - BIRT PMC Lead - Actuate Corporation
- Mike Fox - BIRT PMC - IBM Corporation
BIRT 2.3 Development
BIRT 2.3 RC4 is done and the team announced the availability of the release over the weekend. Final release (aka "RC5") is targeted for tomorrow, June 17.
Note that the RC4 download was not available this morning but this has been fixed. This was a problem with the general Eclipse mirrors.
Jason has begun work on the New and Notable for the release, with the plan to make the N&N available in parallel with the release. Jason also plans to include example reports for many of the new features as part of the N&N.
BIRT 2.3 is the next major release of BIRT and part of the Eclipse Ganymede Simultaneous Release. BIRT 2.3 is scheduled to be release in June 2008.
The Development Plan for BIRT 2.3 is available on the Eclipse BIRT Project Development Plan pages. The Milestone schedule for the release is available in the timeline section of the Ganymede project page (BIRT is a "+2" project in this schedule).
For a list of bugs assigned to the release, refer to Bugzilla: BIRT 2.3 Assigned Bugs in Bugzilla.
BIRT 2.3.1 Development (Fall Maintenance Release)
We aim to publish the BIRT 2.3.1 Plan on the BIRT web pages sometime in the next week or so. Like previous x.y.1 releases, this will be a maintenance release to address any issues indentified with the initial release.
Target date for the release is Wednesday September 24, 2008.
Webinar Series on BIRT Exchange:
BIRT Exchange is hosting a series of technical 30-minute webinars once every two weeks. Upcoming webinars are:
- What's New with BIRT 2.3? - Jun 27, 2008 - 09:00 am
For archived and other upcoming webinars see the Webinar Page on BIRT Exchange.
Other Upcoming Events:
- Eclipse Live Webinar on June 24, 2008 - Online at Eclipse Live - BIRT 2.3 Overview and New Features
- Actuate International User Conference 2008 on August 4 - 6, 2008 - Red Rock Resort, Las Vegas, NV - Will Feature Many BIRT Sessions
- EclipseWorld 2008 on October 28-30, 2008 - Reston, VA - 2 Sessions on BIRT
|Developing an Eclipse BIRT XML Report Rendering Extension By Jason Weathersby, Iana Chatalbasheva, and Tom Bondur||March 2008||Developer.com|
Full list of major articles can be found on the Wiki page for BIRT Project Articles.
Other articles, tips and techniques, demos and other resoures can be found on the BIRT Exchange community site.