BIRT PMC Minutes - Monday, April 21, 2008
< To: BIRT PMC Minutes
Monday, April 21, 2008 @ 10am Pacific.
- Paul Clenahan - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation
- Mike Fox - BIRT PMC - IBM Corporation
- Wenfeng Li - BIRT PMC Lead - Actuate Corporation
- Scott Rosenbaum - BIRT PMC - Innovent Solutions
- Jason Weathersby - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation
BIRT 2.3 Development
Development work for RC0 (aka M7) is progressing, with RC0 scheduled for Public Access on May 13.
Jason posted the New and Notable for M6.
BIRT 2.3 is the next major release of BIRT and part of the Eclipse Ganymede Simultaneous Release. BIRT 2.3 is scheduled to be release in June 2008.
The Development Plan for BIRT 2.3 is available on the Eclipse BIRT Project Development Plan pages. The Milestone schedule for the release is available in the timeline section of the Ganymede project page (BIRT is a "+2" project in this schedule).
For a list of bugs assigned to the release, refer to Bugzilla: BIRT 2.3 Assigned Bugs in Bugzilla.
Bi-Directional Support (BiDi)
The IPZilla submission has been made for this contribution and it's working it's way through the process.
As stated previously, as long as this work does not change any existing APIs, this continues to be something that is being considered for BIRT 2.3. Depending on progress, a possible approach will be to have some of the work be contributed for BIRT 2.3, with additional changes in BIRT 2.3.x.
For general background on this contribution, refer to the discussion of IBM's potential contribution of BiDi support in BIRT at the Feb 11, 2008 PMC meeting.
The contribution to the project has been submitted as is being tracked via Bugzilla:
Webinar Series on BIRT Exchange:
BIRT Exchange is hosting a series of technical 30-minute webinars once every two weeks. Upcoming webinars are:
- Interactive BIRT Reporting - Friday, May 2nd - Add interactivity to your reports
- High Performance Reports - Friday, May 16th - Design for better performance
Previous Webinars are available in the BIRT Exchange DevShare area:
- Automated Report Delivery - Deploy BIRT with scheduling, security
- Using the BIRT Designer - Feature overview to get you started
- BIRT Scripting and Events - Solve complex reporting requirements
- Custom Data Sources - Access non-traditional data sources
Other Upcoming Events:
- IBM Rational Software Development Conference 2008 on June 1-5, 2008 - Walt DisneyWorld Swan and Dolphin Hotel, California - 2 Sessions on BIRT
- Actuate International User Conference 2008 on August 4 - 6, 2008 - Red Rock Resort, Las Vegas, NV - Will Feature Many BIRT Sessions
- EclipseWorld 2008 on October 28-30, 2008 - Reston, VA - 2 Sessions on BIRT
|Developing an Eclipse BIRT XML Report Rendering Extension By Jason Weathersby, Iana Chatalbasheva, and Tom Bondur||March 2008||Developer.com|
Full list of major articles can be found on the Wiki page for BIRT Project Articles.
Other articles, tips and techniques, demos and other resoures can be found on the BIRT Exchange community site.