Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Architecture Council/Meetings/November 8 2018
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday November 8, 2018 at 1100 Ottawa |
HTML | iCal
|Dial in:||Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/438487984
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,438487984# or +14086380968,,438487984#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)： US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 Canada: +1 647 558 0588 France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188 Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188 United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488 Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288 Meeting ID: 438 487 984 International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=zZBWgLOe1JIIW8E3tapxg4jzZNmjTfbO
Agenda / Notes
Update from EMO (Wayne/Gunnar):
- AC voting on EDP declared successful. Thanks to everyone who contributed. It's a fantastic new revision.
- EMO is hoping to collect community requirements for IP tooling with the help of the AC
Infrastructure Update (Denis):
- SSL/HTTPS now enabled for https://download.eclipse.org
- Google Analytics can be used again but requires a specific process to be followed (see email to committers list)
- Dani communicated decision of Planning Council to rename the release train from Simrel to Eclipse IDE. Result of a longer discussion and meeting with Eclipse Foundation. The Eclipse Foundation also approved the use of it. They will use qualifiers where necessary to distinct the different IDEs we have.
- Gunnar discussed history for cross-project and release train relationship. There is some confusion whether new projects are asked to join that list. This causes a conflict with firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a Bugzilla that asks for renaming cross-project to be more release train specific. http://eclip.se/540612
Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Last meeting: Architecture Council/Meetings/October 11 2018
- Wayne - Will send out definitions document.
- Gunnar - Draft email to Mike for prioritizing budget to invest into IP tooling