Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Architecture Council/Meetings/January 13 2011
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday January 13, 2011 at 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| NEW Canada 1-877-727-8553 toll free / 1-416-840-9801 caller paid|
NEW U.S. 1-866-394-4146 toll free / 1-480-629-1624 caller paid
NEW passcode 428029063
- Regrets: Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict)
- Signed-up: Achim Loerke, Kim Moir, Doug Schaefer, Andrew Overholt, Kenn Hussey, Wayne Beaton, Linda Chan
- Lots of people had issues dialing in (at least on the US number)
- Wayne asking for hints to find better service provider (or Strategic Member to donate some conf calling service)
Agenda / Notes
- Andrew: Keybinding conflicts in release train
- Linuxtools plugin for generating gnu-style changelog (Ctrl+Alt+C, Ctrl+Alt+P) - now in conflict with Subversive / eGit
- Something to check conflicts in the Release train (Martin: can this be done statically?) eg just lump in all of Indigo and look at the errorlog / or grep plugin.xml
- Doug: Emacs vs Default Keybindings; bigger issue is that interoperability suffers as more and more plugins are installed
- Martin: In the end, keybindings are the responsibility of product builders. Must be possible to modify keybindings in a particular lineup.
- RESOLUTION: AI Andrew install as much of Indigo as possible and look at the errorlog
- I looked at this and ran into problems installing (see bug 336837. I will pursue this.
- Wayne: Use of Eclipse-SourceReferences: in bundle manifests
- Couple requests recently for "how do we find the source" (point customers to the exact repo what's been shipping)
- Eclipse Platform and TM use it, but few other projects
- Information: PDE Build supports it for CVS; Athena CBI and Buckminster don't; don't know about b3 and Tycho
- Support for providers only than CVS has only been added to 3.7 recently
- More interesting related to git
- Doug expected being able to generate a patch against downloaded source bundles .. a variant of the original request
- Council agrees that this is a great idea.
- AI Kim talk to Andrew Niefer find state of SCM's other than CVS
- Martin thinks it would be great for Subversive and egit to jump on this NOW
- AI Wayne talk to Jason re Tycho; b3
- Martin activated this in Orbit as per bug 331827
News from the EMO
- News from the Board, EMO and Councils
- DSDP move seems complete; STP termination review still pending (moved to SOA); TPTP decided to resign after SR2
- Terminated a handful tech projects; creating new projects at a relatively slow pace
- IP team lost Barb - decided to not do any more moves until end of the release train; register important CQ's ASAP!
- IP Tools: working on a feature to submit to ipzilla directly... coming along incrementally, looking for volunteers
- Hope the value of this is that it's easier than the automated online version (and not as buggy)
- Martin proposes PC + STAC meeting on Sunday, plus AC Breakfast on Monday morning