Architecture Council/Meetings/December 11 2014
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday December 11, 2014 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|DTP:||Brian Payton|| |
|Mylyn:||Steffen Pingel|| |
|| Tom Watson|
|Tools:||Doug Schaefer|| |
|WTP:||Chuck Bridgham|| |
- In attendance: Wayne Beaton, Jonas Helming, Martin O, Doug Schaefer, Krum Tsvetkov,
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
- Wayne: JSR's : Having a seat on the JCP, JSR voting summary sent on the AC mailing list - wanted to confirm that these are useful
- Jonas please continue sending ! - Considered helpful.
- Wayne: Mentors - input needed !
- Wayne: Rev-up of the EDP - considers a slightly more radical rev-up of the EDP early next year
- OSS Rules of Engangement and the IP Policy considered unchangeable, but all the rest is up for discussion
- Considers completely removing
- Martin: Asterisk connectivity issues
- Martin: US freephone breaking up badly ... issues with 3rd party dialin providers
- Denis: SIP is the only option going to the server directly
- AI Denis send out a reminder on SIP as an option for Asterisk phone conferences
- Denis: Disguised Malware appearing in Gerrit
- bug 375350 Byte-encoded EXE file got picked up by Hudson and got built ... might cause risk if tests are executed
- Got submitted by somebody who actually had signed the CLA ...
- Suggestion for Committers to validate a submission to be safe before autobuild can kick in
- Martin: Feedback from Eike - gave up on investigating what happened to the ID's in the Committers package
- Jonas: Can one project announce multiple contributions to simrel ?
- Wayne: More of a Planning Council details (eg Eclipse 3.8 and 4.0 was an exception)
- In general, as long as everybody communicates, we are fine.
Review of Last Meeting
- Architecture Council/Meetings/November 13 2014
- Still open items moved to #Action_Items
- Doug: TM Project
- New Member Votes - Action from Past Meeting
- AI Wayne nominate one, AI Martin finalize the other
- Eike: Committers-package follow-up ? - AI Martin follow up with Eike
- Wayne: eclipse-vision mailing list
- Had a meeting at EclipseCon Europe, owe an Article for the Eclipse Newsgroup ... AI Wayne post a preview of that to the AC
- New AC Member candidates
- Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
- Updates from the Board or the EMO
- No new action items.
- Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
- (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
- (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
- (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated