Convert VRML (.wrl) to Wavefront (.obj)
- If the VRML file is of version 1.0 (#VRML V1.0), first convert it to VRML version 2.0. On Windows, a converter can be found at: http://ftp.carnet.hr/misc/VRML/utilities/converters/vrml1to2/
- Import the VRML file into Blender: File→Import→X3D Extensible 3D (.x3d/.wrl);
- Delete all non essential elements (Camera, Lamp, Cube, etc.) from the scene. Only keep the required geometry.
- Export the geometry to .obj: File→Export→Wavefront (.obj)
- Setup the Export OBJ settings as shown: