- To discuss joint work at Eclipse Foundation between Siemens team and RT/ECF on supporting RFC 119 in Eclipse Runtime Project.
Day and Time
Friday, Jan 23, 2009. 1500 UTC 7:00am pacific
- International: 613-287-8000
- Toll free: 866-362-7064
- Participant passcode: 892048#
- Thomas Kiesslich - Siemens, Viktor Ransmayr, Phillip Konradi - Siemens
- Scott Lewis, Marcelo Mayworm, Jan Rellermeyer, Markus Kuppe -- ECF
- Jeff McAffer -- Equinox
- Introduce Team Members to one another, both Siemens and ECF
- Siemens Team: Describe existing RFC 119 implementation. Answer questions and provide pointers to docs and/or code for post-meeting review.
- Primarily have discovery portion of spec.
- Discovery code is part of Apache reference implementation
- Siemens is owner of code and so can expose to ECF project as desired
- ACTION: Determine when ECF can have access to source code for review/understanding
- Siemens Team: Describe intended plan WRT current codebase vis a vis ECF contribution
- Plan to contribute discovery implementation for RFC 119 to ECF/RT project
- ECF Team: Describe existing ECF approach for discovery and remote services APIs (provider architecture). Answer questions and provide pointers to docs and/or code or bugs for post-meeting review.
- ECF Team: Describe ongoing work for ECF enhancement #249240.
- ECF Team: IP/Licensing discussion
- Siemens Able/Willing to Contribute under EPL (?)
- Need to get CQs for Galileo in place (see mailing list posting).
- F2F meeting in Europe (probably Munich) in January
Proposed Meeting Output
- Steps for Siemens contribution to be assessed, used, and reviewed by ECF team
- Steps for access to ECF current and planned work by Siemens team (if needed)
- Team Contacts/Communications