Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
AJAX Toolkit Framework Overview
- XHTML (or HTML) and CSS for mark up and styling information (XML is commonly used , although any format will work, including preformatted HTML, plain text, JSON and even EBML).
- The XMLHttpRequest object to exchange data asynchronously with the web server.
Like DHTML, LAMP, or SPA, AJAX is not a technology in itself, but a term that refers to the use of a group of technologies together.
ATF Development Tools
These are generic tools that will help the developer in creating any AJAX/DHTML type web application.
- DOM Inspector, DOM Source, CSS view, XHR Monitor, Browser Console
- Mozilla tools integration for web developers as Eclipse Views.
- Embedded Browser
- Access to browser DOM, e.g., Mozilla XPCOM