WTP Development Status Meeting 2006-12-14
Announcements and Reminders
Team Status and Focus
John L, Raghu S, Kosta K, Dave C, Larry D, Nitin D, David W, Neil H, Kathy C, Keith C, Der Ping C, Rob F, Valentin B
- Announcements and Reminders
- EclipseCon2007 open for short talk and demo (Jan 15) submissions.
- When you reject a hot bug request as a hot bug, change the summary to [hotbug_declined].
- Be sure to update smoke test results page with a red X if there is a problem so we have that feedback.
- WTP 1.5.3
- Due: 2007-02-16
- 1.5.3 Guidelines for fixes
- We will be declaring a 1.5.3M build this week so please smoke test the latest M-build to be declared by noon on Friday.
- Build status - David - Ready for smoke tests. This will be the last declared 1.5.3M build in 2006.
- Smoke Tests
- Bug lists
- WTP 2.0
- Build Status - David - Couple of serious issues with the builds based on platform M4 and EMF M4 builds.
- Classloading issues with our use of Xerces, see 167695. Can be resolved by moving xerces up on the classpath. Fix released to build today.
- JPA JUnit failure? Classpath issue? David to investigate.
- Java EE test failure? Chuck investigating possible issue with EMF compatibility due to their use of Java5 constructs.
- Web Services issues? JEM uses internal EMF code and requires a model regen and recompilation. This will block a lot of function and is a serious issue because JEM does not have any resources aligned to work on this.
- These problems have thrown our schedule into a holding pattern and we may not be able to resolve the JEM issue before the holidays. Stay tuned for updates from David. But we will slide back the schedule day by day until resolved.
- Best case: We get a miraculous fix from JEM and test next week and declare our M4 as planned.
- Worst case: We delay testing until January 4th, and we miss our M4 date by one week, putting us at base+3.
- John Graham reports smoke test on DTP 1.0 with M4 platform and EMF targets looks good.
- No smoke test this week until the issues are resolved.
- Compiler warning update - David - No update.
- Smoke Tests
- Self hosting
- In order to launch and test an Eclipse M4 workbench you must upgrade to an eclipse M4 platform driver for your development environment.
- Compatibility Tests for WTP 1.5 <--> WTP 2.0
- Information on what to test and how to publish your compatibility test plans can be found here.
- Performance and API Tests
- Need to investigate re-enabling these tests for M5. We will publish these results with every weekly declared build.
- Usage Reports
- The Adopter Usage Reports are posted for component owners...
- To ensure no one is using code they should not be using.
- To prioritize which code you plan to make API.
- The Extension Point Usage Reports are also posted. The instructions for adopters on how to contribute can be found here.
- Stay tuned in 2007 for automated test coverage report numbers based on using TPTP's line coverage analysis tools. Also investigating cross referencing the data from the usage reports to detail where test coverage must be improved.
- Need to improve the WTP 2.0 Plan document
- Bug lists
- M4 Shutdown Plans
- This schedule is in flux due to issues moving up to EMF and platform M4, and will slip, see comments above.
December 2006 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 4
Move to Platform M4 cand.
Move to Platform M4/EMF M4 cand.
2.0 Function Test
2.0 Compatibility Tests
Fix critical bugs
2.0M4 candidate build
Move to EMF M4
Declare WTP2.0 M4
- No status meeting on December 28 and no builds declared December 29th.
- Need to ensure DTP's plugin prereq ranges are compatible with EMF 2.3 M4.
- Please update your test coverage plans for WTP 2.0 M4
- Other business?
- Java EE 5 Update - Chuck - EJB 3.0 faceted project creation is in the I builds as of today.
- Renaming ideas for the meta navigator content node under Java EE projects to replace "Deployment Descriptor"?
- There is a wiki page established for people to follow along.
- Website Update - David - Nathan from eclipse foundation volunteered to create new php main page as a starter page for our website sometime in early january
- Is there a doc somewhere for developer workflow, like when builds are, and when to release? David investigating broken links and adding an updated doc.
- Build Changes - David - Added releng test to look at high level aspects of the build like the number of plugins and version level checking. Also added a link for published compilation results from the test plugins.
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- Common Component Team
- Server Component Team
- Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
- XML/JSP Component Team
- Web Services Component Team
- Java EE Component Team
- Dali JPA
- UI plugins and have been added to the local build and source added to the SDK
- Final step is to get Core tests passing and integrated into the build, at which point all of Dali will be integrated
- Meeting scheduled for Friday to make final decision on UI direction for 1.0
- Neil will be out the next couple of weeks with a new baby arriving. Karen Moore will be generally available to cover as needed.
- Weekly I-build will include the Visual Page Designer
- Triaging bugs to highlight areas where we need help
- Add versions 1.5.1,1.5.2,1.5.3 to the WTP bugzilla version options list when opening new bugs
- Investigating running and publishing the automated test coverage reports
- Investigating running Performance and API tests