Scout User Group Meeting 2017
The 4th Scout user group meeting will be held as part of the Unconference on Monday, October 23rd.
This event takes place at the Forum am Schlosspark in Ludwigsburg, the EclipseCon Europe venue. The conference room will be announced as it becomes available.
Date and Time
- Sunday, October 22nd: Informal dinner starting at 19:00.
- Monday October 23rd: Scout user group meetig as part of the Eclipsecon Unconference.
- Tuesday October 24th: Eclipsecon Europe, also highly recommended
Sunday, October 22nd
- 19:00 Welcome Dinner, Restaurant Rossknecht
Monday, October 23rd
The session content listed below is subject to change depending on community proposals submitted until October 1st.
- 08:30 Welcome Coffee
- 09:00 - 10:30 Session 1
- Scout Introduction, Matthias Zimmermann
- Scout Oxygen Overview, Andreas Hoegger
- Scout JS, André Wegmüller, Andreas Hoegger
- Scout Portal, André Wegmüller, Andreas Hoegger
- 10:30 Break
- 11:00 - 12:30 Session 2
- Community Presentation I
- Community Presentation II
- Community Presentation III
- 12:30 Lunch and Poster Sessions
- 14:00 - 15:30 Session 3
- Scout Client Only Applications, Andreas Hoegger
- Eclipse Scout and Spring Boot, Matthias Zimmermann
- Machine Learning, Blockchain and Eclipse Scout, Matthias Zimmermann
- 15:30 Break
- 16:00 - 17:00 Session 4
- Scout Road Map and Open Discussion, Andreas Hoegger, Matthias Zimmermann
- 17:30 Beer and snacks
Community presentations are an important and interesting part or the Scout user group meeting. If you are willing to present your project(s) and experiences from working with Scout let us know via forum or send us an email to scout (at) bsi-software(dot)com.
Presentation slots should be timed for 15' or 30'. This should include time for some questions and speaker changes. Last year, most presentations were held in German and some in English. Please indicate which languages would be ok for you.
- Duration, Topic, Name (Affiliation), language (English or German)
Prior to the unconference we are organizing an informal dinner on November 1st. TODO: Doodle
Important: Official registration is required to attend the unconference (including this event). The fee is €50 plus VAT and also covers coffee breaks and lunch. If you are registering for the full conference, choose the Unconference as an additional item when you register. If you are attending the Unconference by itself, choose "Unconference only" when registering. To register, head over to the unconference registration page.
Should you represent a customer from BSI Business Systems Integration, please ask for your voucher code: scout (at) bsi-software (dot) com.
Hotels tend to fill up very quickly in Ludwigsburg. If you plan to attend it is highly recommended that you book your room early.
- Eclipsecon hotel list
You might also want to consider Hotels located close to Stuttgart main station. The train ride from Ludwigsburg to Stuttgart only takes 15 minutes.