Skip to main content
- Bogdan Gheorghe
- Boris Bokowski
- Brian DeAlwis
- Dave Orme
- Elinda (? - colleague of Dave Orme)
- Eric Moffatt
- Oleg Besedin
- Paul Webster
- Remy Suen
- Susan McCourt
Eclipse 4.0 Status
- Amazing progress over the last few weeks/days. We're really close, but we have a list of outstanding issues that we need to fix. Only very few days of development left!
- Main toolbars look reasonable now.
- We now have a private copy of CTabFolder (to fix two bugs, and a new feature). View toolbars now wrap to the line below the tabs if there isn't enough space.
- There's some hope of being able to fix the problems with mixing views and editors. Boris and Eric are looking at it.
- The keys preference page is now disabled. Paul is working on being able to change key bindings in Tom's model editor.
- Talked about remaining P1 bugs, Susan and Boris to update the wiki page at http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/Self_Hosting
- Builds: signing for the build still work in progress. Paul and Kim working on it.
- We should try and pick up the launcher with the PermGen fix (Paul to talk to Andrew).
- Fixed many bugs in compatibility layer.
- We have a new splash screen. There will be minor tweaks to it, visually, and in the legalese.
- We have the 3.6 classic look, available from Preferences>General>Appearance
- Configure menu is still empty!
- We need to set expectations prior to releasing. McQ asked for a list of known problems or known missing features. Susan is going to start a wiki page for this. (See E4/SDKMissingFeatures).
- Brian wrote a new Cocoa UI enhancer for e4, needs to be reviewed and put into the build
Code contribution from Dave Orme and colleagues
- Made it through initial IP review and is in CVS.
- Documentation is in DocBook format, not sure how best to proceed. Dave to ask on the mailing list.
Copyright © Eclipse Foundation, Inc. All Rights Reserved.