Jump to: navigation, search

E4/Meeting Minutes/Status 20100715

Attendees

  • Bogdan Gheorghe
  • Boris Bokowski
  • Brian DeAlwis
  • Dave Orme
  • Elinda (? - colleague of Dave Orme)
  • Eric Moffatt
  • McQ
  • Oleg Besedin
  • Paul Webster
  • Remy Suen
  • Susan McCourt

Minutes

Eclipse 4.0 Status

  • Amazing progress over the last few weeks/days. We're really close, but we have a list of outstanding issues that we need to fix. Only very few days of development left!
  • Main toolbars look reasonable now.
  • We now have a private copy of CTabFolder (to fix two bugs, and a new feature). View toolbars now wrap to the line below the tabs if there isn't enough space.
  • There's some hope of being able to fix the problems with mixing views and editors. Boris and Eric are looking at it.
  • The keys preference page is now disabled. Paul is working on being able to change key bindings in Tom's model editor.
  • Talked about remaining P1 bugs, Susan and Boris to update the wiki page at http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/Self_Hosting
  • Builds: signing for the build still work in progress. Paul and Kim working on it.
  • We should try and pick up the launcher with the PermGen fix (Paul to talk to Andrew).
  • Fixed many bugs in compatibility layer.
  • We have a new splash screen. There will be minor tweaks to it, visually, and in the legalese.
  • We have the 3.6 classic look, available from Preferences>General>Appearance
  • Configure menu is still empty!
  • We need to set expectations prior to releasing. McQ asked for a list of known problems or known missing features. Susan is going to start a wiki page for this. (See E4/SDKMissingFeatures).
  • Brian wrote a new Cocoa UI enhancer for e4, needs to be reviewed and put into the build

Code contribution from Dave Orme and colleagues

  • Made it through initial IP review and is in CVS.
  • Documentation is in DocBook format, not sure how best to proceed. Dave to ask on the mailing list.