Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Meetings/6-May-2009"

< DSDP‎ | TM‎ | Meetings
(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''TM Committer Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Wednesday May 6, 2009 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html...)
 
Line 16: Line 16:
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
  
<!--
 
 
* Committers:
 
* Committers:
** IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
+
** IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave McKnight
** Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov, Felix Burton
+
** Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
** ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
+
 
** MontaVista - Anna Dushistova  
 
** MontaVista - Anna Dushistova  
 
* Others:
 
** LANL / PTP Project - Greg Watson
 
** ARM - Anthony Berent
 
** TI - Dobrin Alexey
 
** Motorola - Maureen Brenner, Fabio Fantato, Daniel Franco, Christian Kurzke, Ruth Soliani
 
** Accelerated Technology - Aaron Spear, Mark Bozeman
 
** Freescale - Kirk Beitz
 
-->
 
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
Line 40: Line 29:
 
=== Status round call ===
 
=== Status round call ===
  
<!--
+
* DaveM - {{bug|238288}} ImageRegistry, OK to use toString() of the image descriptor as key for the registry? Yes
* DaveM - Import / Export / Synchronize
+
* Xuan - Going to fix terminal DBCS issues? - Martin won't fix
** Current code is very broken: UI not persisted properly; inconsistencies; not exported to the right place; comparison fails
+
* Xuan - Useractions source to be removed? - IBM can use their own feature, or create a separate useractions source feature in openRSE
** After DaveM's fixes, at least the UI handling works; started on a different path (timestamp comparison)
+
* Anna - no time to work on CBI right now
** {{bug|185925}} SOC bug, and [[RSESync/Status and Ideas]] Wiki
+
* Martin - {{bug|263178}} Remotecdt move complete
* Xuan - {{bug|270618}} Terminal Accessibility
+
** Preference for disabling some keys to be sent to the remote?
+
** Injecting a keyboard handler into the Terminal widget? - Provisional API
+
** Martin: Please list the requirements first.
+
* Anna - Remotecdt move
+
** DougS needs to make the move - '''AI Martin''' kick Doug
+
* Martin - SSH initialization
+
** {{bug|271244}} - DaveM is right. initService() just connects the CHANNEL whereas the session is done by connector service. Same as initializing a miner in dstore.
+
* Uwe - 2 files subsystems
+
** {{bug|271243}} - '''AI Martin''' to ask Uwe reproduce and comment on the bug. Also, add ref to dependent bug for regression.
+
-->
+
  
 
===TM 3.1 status===
 
===TM 3.1 status===
 
* 3.1M7 on Tue 5-May-2009 was UI FREEZE! Performance run.
 
* 3.1M7 on Tue 5-May-2009 was UI FREEZE! Performance run.
* Anna did CBI tutorial at Eclipsecon, working on getting TM / RSE releng builds local on her machine, will contribute new CBI build once successful
+
* Flexibility for import/export parts of the model (e.g. User actions)? Preemptively do the UI stuff? - '''AI DaveD create bug''', defer decision for now
** RemoteCDT move: {{bug|263178}} will happen over next week, in contact with Doug Schaefer
+
 
** Flexibility for import/export parts of the model (e.g. User actions)? Preemptively do the UI stuff? - '''AI DaveD create bug''', defer decision for now
+
* Rado {{Bug|196176}} - Deferred drag&drop SWT too late for 3.1
* Rado {{Bug|196176}} - Deferred drag&drop SWT
+
* {{bug|196337}} - TM Local Terminal Connector - too late for 3.1
* {{bug|196337}} - TM Local Terminal Connector - waiting on fix for CDT Spawner
+
  
 
* '''Big Rocks''' see [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Dec-2008]]
 
* '''Big Rocks''' see [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Dec-2008]]
Line 72: Line 49:
 
** Community contributions: 42 [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=attachments.ispatch&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=1 Open bugs with patches] right now, should apply before patches get outdated (see also the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/bug_process.php Bug Process Page] for a query)
 
** Community contributions: 42 [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=attachments.ispatch&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=1 Open bugs with patches] right now, should apply before patches get outdated (see also the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/bug_process.php Bug Process Page] for a query)
  
=== Community Feedback and Status ===
 
* Community contributions
 
** Patrick Juhl - SSH Tunnel - no news. In JSch Session.setPortForwardingL() there seems to be an incompatibility between Eclipse 3.3 and 3.4 (according to JSch mailing list). SSH Tunnel being used by [http://desktop-eclipse.open.collab.net/source/browse/desktop-eclipse/trunk/plugins/com.collabnet.cubit/ Collabnet Cubit]
 
** {{bug|196337}} - TM Local Terminal Connector - waiting on fix for CDT Spawner
 
** Freescale contributions to be reviewed - {{bug|247876}} apply host to project; {{bug|247878}} systemHostCombo with subsystems; {{bug|247879}} project cache for RSE host settings
 
** {{bug|236205}} Generic Display subsystem (as a host for vnc etc)
 
 
 
<!--
 
=== Cleanup Work ===
 
* Unittests, unittests, unittests! -- ideally write an accompanying unittest for every bugfix
 
** {{Bug|230917}} [regression] Some DStore Archive Testcases fail -- '''AI Xuan''' look at
 
** Abbot pretty much dead -- looking at SWTBot now
 
** Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
 
** Current situation is on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/report.cgi?x_axis_field=&y_axis_field=assigned_to&z_axis_field=&query_format=report-table&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&chfieldfrom=2007-09-17&chfieldto=Now&chfield=bug_status&chfieldvalue=RESOLVED&format=table&action=wrap&negate0=1&field0-0-0=resolution&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=DUPLICATE this bugzilla report]
 
* Migration Notes (for 2.0 / for 1.0?)
 
* Review and improve Userdocs; we have several open bugs here
 
* Review and improve Javadocs; lots still missing, unclear, duplicated
 
* Fix broken hyperlinks in the docs:Xenu's LinkSleuth, fix HTML/XML errors (which can make the indexer not work)
 
* Get rid of compiler warnings wherever possible
 
* Run Findbugs -- Update site on http://findbugs.cs.umd.edu/eclipse, Quickdocs by Rado in [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dsdp-tm-dev/msg01869.html tm-dev E-Mail]
 
** Question about filtering false positives posted on fb-discuss [https://mailman.cs.umd.edu/pipermail/findbugs-discuss/2008-May/002374.html link]
 
* Stuff for 3.1
 
** API Tooling Javadocs(@noextend and friends) - cannot limit existing API more than it was before, unless it was textually documented already, but can deprecate stuff, even in 3.0.1.
 
 
=== Questions ===
 
 
-->
 
 
== Vacations ==
 
* DaveD busy in June, won't be able to handle builds in June; find somebody or have everything ready early
 
 
 
== Action Items ==
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/15-Apr-2009 Committer]]
 
* '''Everyone''' Fix target milestone of 3.1m7 assigned bugs.
 
* '''Martin''' {{bug|256581}} SSH performance; '''old''' review {{bug|196176}} Rado's deferred D&D; {{bug|227750}} IRSEInteractionProvider; {{bug|240991}}, {{Bug|239230}} Early startup; Run performance tests for {{bug|236065}} IFileService improvements; Critical EFS bugs; RXTX 2.2;
 
* '''Anna''': Remotecdt; new builder based on CBI tutorial
 
* '''Xuan''': '''old''' Look at {{Bug|230917}} Archive Handler Unittests
 
* '''DaveD''': '''old''' Create bug for partial model export; {{bug|238574}} Make new website available and E-mail questions on mailinglist
 
* '''DaveM''': '''old''' {{bug|199596}} Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;
 
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/20-May-2009 Committer]] (2 weeks after)
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/20-May-2009 Committer]] (2 weeks after)
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/3-Jun-2009]] (4 weeks after)
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/3-Jun-2009]] (4 weeks after)

Revision as of 11:38, 6 May 2009

Meeting Title: TM Committer Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday May 6, 2009 at 1600 UTC / 12pm Toronto
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype
Interested Parties ping martin.oberhuber on Skype Chat for getting added to the call.

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.

Attendees

  • Committers:
    • IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave McKnight
    • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
    • MontaVista - Anna Dushistova

Agenda

Last Meetings

Status round call

  • DaveM - bug 238288 ImageRegistry, OK to use toString() of the image descriptor as key for the registry? Yes
  • Xuan - Going to fix terminal DBCS issues? - Martin won't fix
  • Xuan - Useractions source to be removed? - IBM can use their own feature, or create a separate useractions source feature in openRSE
  • Anna - no time to work on CBI right now
  • Martin - bug 263178 Remotecdt move complete

TM 3.1 status

  • 3.1M7 on Tue 5-May-2009 was UI FREEZE! Performance run.
  • Flexibility for import/export parts of the model (e.g. User actions)? Preemptively do the UI stuff? - AI DaveD create bug, defer decision for now
  • Rado bug 196176 - Deferred drag&drop SWT too late for 3.1
  • bug 196337 - TM Local Terminal Connector - too late for 3.1


Next Meeting

Back to the top