Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 12-Dec-2007"

< DSDP‎ | TM
(Current Work)
 
(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 17: Line 17:
  
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian
+
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
 
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
Line 28: Line 26:
 
=== Current Work ===
 
=== Current Work ===
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
* '''Planning''' - '''AI Martin''' to write up what we discussed in Toronto
+
** Excellent with 4 participants
** [[Ganymede]] M4: +1 is on Dec 17, +2 is on Jan 7
+
* '''M4 approaching''' - should we arrange for an RC / test round before Christmas?
* Bug Fixing - '''Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan'''
+
** I-build on Thursday 20th would be candidate for M4
** Since our [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]] it's now 11 weeks / 2 milestones, so each committer is due 22 fixes / 6 unittests
+
** Xuan won't have time for testing; want to finish cancelable fix for archives on dstore (code done but not tested)
** Current situation is on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/report.cgi?x_axis_field=&y_axis_field=assigned_to&z_axis_field=&query_format=report-table&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&chfieldfrom=2007-09-17&chfieldto=Now&chfield=bug_status&chfieldvalue=RESOLVED&format=table&action=wrap this bugzilla report]
+
* '''DaveD:'''  
** Unittests: Xuan, DaveM, Javier added some; Martin 0; not sure about others; Martin will add Releng scripts next
+
* '''DaveD:''' - {{Bug|160403}} Filters should be connection-private by default
+
** Hi-Pri P2/Major bugs
+
 
** Finished majority of release work for IBM should now be able to concentrate on TM 100%. Will be working between Christmas and New Year's Day.
 
** Finished majority of release work for IBM should now be able to concentrate on TM 100%. Will be working between Christmas and New Year's Day.
* '''DaveM:''' -
+
* '''DaveM:'''
** {{Bug|209704}} - Contribute encoding conversion extension point
+
** {{Bug|209704}} - Contribute encoding conversion extension point - finished
 
** {{Bug|209703}} - Can one property page affect the contents of another property page?
 
** {{Bug|209703}} - Can one property page affect the contents of another property page?
* '''Kevin:''' - {{Bug|208778}} EFS#APPEND
+
*** Have a UI extension point for modifying encoding properties? - Problem is that it's not always applicable; extending an existing property page might be a maintenance nightmare
* '''Xuan:''' -
+
*** Better show the "special encoding" stuff on the same page as the original encoding property page - have them register an "enhanced property page" which not only shows their additional controls, but also the original encoding control.
 +
* '''Xuan:'''
 +
** Working on "cancelable" fix for archive support in dstore
 
* '''Javier:''' -  
 
* '''Javier:''' -  
* '''Martin:''' - Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
+
** Will commit some unit tests till christmas; will work on "console input" enhancement for FTP
* '''Uwe:''' -  
+
** Participating on DemoDay in London, showed a Symbian Demo on TM - attendance about 15 people
* '''Rupen:''' - {{Bug|210682}} - Multi-file conflict resolution on Copy
+
** Took a quick look at TCF source code, porting agent to Symbian should be simple
* '''Michael:''' -
+
* '''Martin:''' - Been working on TCF mostly; will need more feedback
* '''Questions'''
+
** Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
 
+
* '''Questions''' - support Mac OS as secondary platform
 +
** Secondary platform definition:<br>For all IES problems on a Secondary Platform/JRE, first an attempt must be made to replicate the problem on a Primary Platform/JRE. If it can be replicated on a Primary Platform/JRE then it will be entered into the standard Primary Platform/JRE support process and prioritized accordingly. If it cannot be reproduced on a Primary Platform/JRE, then the Eclipse team will rely on the submitter for platform/JRE expertise and equipment to de-bug the problem. It will be added to the support queue, and prioritized with all outstanding defects.
 +
*** Martin: Our Platform commitments depends on what committer can actually support it. '''AI DaveD''' decide whether he wants MacOS X as primary or secondary platform.
 +
** What TM release to best take for a Service release based on Eclipse 3.3?
 +
*** TM 2.0.2 is best.
 
* '''Bugzilla''':  
 
* '''Bugzilla''':  
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor hi-priority]
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor hi-priority]
  
 
== Vacation, Away ==
 
== Vacation, Away ==
 
+
* Jan 2 is fine for Xuan, DaveM
 +
* Javier on vacation Dec.22 until Jan.6
 +
* DaveM vacation Dec.24 till Jan.1
 +
* Xuan Dec.21 till Jan.2
  
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 27-Nov-2007#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 27-Nov-2007#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
* '''DaveD''': fixes, unit tests
+
* '''DaveD''': fixes, unit tests, Mac commitment?
 
* '''DaveM''': Ask committers about multi-property-dialog; fixes, unit tests; ask Violaine about {{Bug|209704}}  
 
* '''DaveM''': Ask committers about multi-property-dialog; fixes, unit tests; ask Violaine about {{Bug|209704}}  
 
* '''Xuan''': fixes, unit tests
 
* '''Xuan''': fixes, unit tests
* '''Kevin''': fixes, unit tests
 
 
* '''Martin''': Update bugzilla's; Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
 
* '''Martin''': Update bugzilla's; Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
 
* '''Javier''': fixes, unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=204138#c20 CVS] -- see also [[CVS_Development#Testing]]
 
* '''Javier''': fixes, unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=204138#c20 CVS] -- see also [[CVS_Development#Testing]]
* '''Michael''': Terminal improvements
 
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 2-Jan-2008]] (3 weeks this time) at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=1&day=2&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1600 UTC]
+
* Committer Phone Meeting 2-Jan-2008: discussed on the [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 9-Jan-2008|9-Jan-2008 monthly meeting]] instead
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 9-Jan-2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=9&year=2008&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1700 UTC]
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 9-Jan-2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=9&year=2008&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1700 UTC]
 +
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 23-Jan-2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=1&day=23&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1600 UTC]
 +
  
 
[[Category:DSDP/TM]]
 
[[Category:DSDP/TM]]

Latest revision as of 13:29, 9 January 2008

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Dec 12, 2007 at 1600 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus

Agenda

Current Work

  • Skype Call Quality
    • Excellent with 4 participants
  • M4 approaching - should we arrange for an RC / test round before Christmas?
    • I-build on Thursday 20th would be candidate for M4
    • Xuan won't have time for testing; want to finish cancelable fix for archives on dstore (code done but not tested)
  • DaveD:
    • Finished majority of release work for IBM should now be able to concentrate on TM 100%. Will be working between Christmas and New Year's Day.
  • DaveM:
    • bug 209704 - Contribute encoding conversion extension point - finished
    • bug 209703 - Can one property page affect the contents of another property page?
      • Have a UI extension point for modifying encoding properties? - Problem is that it's not always applicable; extending an existing property page might be a maintenance nightmare
      • Better show the "special encoding" stuff on the same page as the original encoding property page - have them register an "enhanced property page" which not only shows their additional controls, but also the original encoding control.
  • Xuan:
    • Working on "cancelable" fix for archive support in dstore
  • Javier: -
    • Will commit some unit tests till christmas; will work on "console input" enhancement for FTP
    • Participating on DemoDay in London, showed a Symbian Demo on TM - attendance about 15 people
    • Took a quick look at TCF source code, porting agent to Symbian should be simple
  • Martin: - Been working on TCF mostly; will need more feedback
    • Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
  • Questions - support Mac OS as secondary platform
    • Secondary platform definition:
      For all IES problems on a Secondary Platform/JRE, first an attempt must be made to replicate the problem on a Primary Platform/JRE. If it can be replicated on a Primary Platform/JRE then it will be entered into the standard Primary Platform/JRE support process and prioritized accordingly. If it cannot be reproduced on a Primary Platform/JRE, then the Eclipse team will rely on the submitter for platform/JRE expertise and equipment to de-bug the problem. It will be added to the support queue, and prioritized with all outstanding defects.
      • Martin: Our Platform commitments depends on what committer can actually support it. AI DaveD decide whether he wants MacOS X as primary or secondary platform.
    • What TM release to best take for a Service release based on Eclipse 3.3?
      • TM 2.0.2 is best.
  • Bugzilla:

Vacation, Away

  • Jan 2 is fine for Xuan, DaveM
  • Javier on vacation Dec.22 until Jan.6
  • DaveM vacation Dec.24 till Jan.1
  • Xuan Dec.21 till Jan.2

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: fixes, unit tests, Mac commitment?
  • DaveM: Ask committers about multi-property-dialog; fixes, unit tests; ask Violaine about bug 209704
  • Xuan: fixes, unit tests
  • Martin: Update bugzilla's; Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
  • Javier: fixes, unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to CVS -- see also CVS_Development#Testing

Next Meeting