Jump to: navigation, search

DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 12-Dec-2007

< DSDP‎ | TM
Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Dec 12, 2007 at 1600 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus

Agenda

Current Work

  • Skype Call Quality
    • Excellent with 4 participants
  • M4 approaching - should we arrange for an RC / test round before Christmas?
    • I-build on Thursday 20th would be candidate for M4
    • Xuan won't have time for testing; want to finish cancelable fix for archives on dstore (code done but not tested)
  • DaveD:
    • Finished majority of release work for IBM should now be able to concentrate on TM 100%. Will be working between Christmas and New Year's Day.
  • DaveM:
    • bug 209704 - Contribute encoding conversion extension point - finished
    • bug 209703 - Can one property page affect the contents of another property page?
      • Have a UI extension point for modifying encoding properties? - Problem is that it's not always applicable; extending an existing property page might be a maintenance nightmare
      • Better show the "special encoding" stuff on the same page as the original encoding property page - have them register an "enhanced property page" which not only shows their additional controls, but also the original encoding control.
  • Xuan:
    • Working on "cancelable" fix for archive support in dstore
  • Javier: -
    • Will commit some unit tests till christmas; will work on "console input" enhancement for FTP
    • Participating on DemoDay in London, showed a Symbian Demo on TM - attendance about 15 people
    • Took a quick look at TCF source code, porting agent to Symbian should be simple
  • Martin: - Been working on TCF mostly; will need more feedback
    • Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
  • Questions - support Mac OS as secondary platform
    • Secondary platform definition:
      For all IES problems on a Secondary Platform/JRE, first an attempt must be made to replicate the problem on a Primary Platform/JRE. If it can be replicated on a Primary Platform/JRE then it will be entered into the standard Primary Platform/JRE support process and prioritized accordingly. If it cannot be reproduced on a Primary Platform/JRE, then the Eclipse team will rely on the submitter for platform/JRE expertise and equipment to de-bug the problem. It will be added to the support queue, and prioritized with all outstanding defects.
      • Martin: Our Platform commitments depends on what committer can actually support it. AI DaveD decide whether he wants MacOS X as primary or secondary platform.
    • What TM release to best take for a Service release based on Eclipse 3.3?
      • TM 2.0.2 is best.
  • Bugzilla:

Vacation, Away

  • Jan 2 is fine for Xuan, DaveM
  • Javier on vacation Dec.22 until Jan.6
  • DaveM vacation Dec.24 till Jan.1
  • Xuan Dec.21 till Jan.2

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: fixes, unit tests, Mac commitment?
  • DaveM: Ask committers about multi-property-dialog; fixes, unit tests; ask Violaine about bug 209704
  • Xuan: fixes, unit tests
  • Martin: Update bugzilla's; Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
  • Javier: fixes, unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to CVS -- see also CVS_Development#Testing

Next Meeting