Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/PMC/PMC Minutes 15Jan08"

< DSDP‎ | PMC
(Project Status)
Line 18: Line 18:
 
* Pawel Piech
 
* Pawel Piech
 
* Dave Russo
 
* Dave Russo
 +
* Wayne Parrot (guest)
  
 
== New Business ==
 
== New Business ==
  
 +
* Introducing Wayne and Firefly Project
 
* Pawel on the PMC
 
* Pawel on the PMC
 
** DD has moved. What does Pawel want to do?
 
** DD has moved. What does Pawel want to do?
 
* EclipseCon 09
 
* EclipseCon 09
 
** [https://www.eclipsecon.org/submissions/2009/search.php?search=category+like+%27%25mobile%25%27+order+by+type M&E Talks]
 
** [https://www.eclipsecon.org/submissions/2009/search.php?search=category+like+%27%25mobile%25%27+order+by+type M&E Talks]
** Podcast - Eric?
+
** Podcast - Eric
** Scheduled of tutorials 238, 481. Need to fix the authors and descriptions.
+
** 418, 481 - authors and descriptions are correct now (thanks Scott R and Eric)
 +
** '''AI: Martin and Eric will meet to discuss logical coupling between TCF+TmL tutorial.'''
 
* [[Galileo_Simultaneous_Release|Galileo]] Train Release
 
* [[Galileo_Simultaneous_Release|Galileo]] Train Release
 
** [http://www.eclipse.org/projects/galileo_status.php Galileo Requirement Status]
 
** [http://www.eclipse.org/projects/galileo_status.php Galileo Requirement Status]
Line 32: Line 35:
 
** DD: what to do with requirements?
 
** DD: what to do with requirements?
 
** MTJ: core requirements are missing
 
** MTJ: core requirements are missing
** TmL: missing on download page
+
** TmL: missing on download page (discussed offline with Eric).
 
** DSDP Branding (should do for Galileo)
 
** DSDP Branding (should do for Galileo)
 
*** One icon to rule them all!!!
 
*** One icon to rule them all!!!
*** '''Doug: Work on a single DSDP icon.'''
+
*** '''Doug: Work on a single DSDP icon for Galileo branding.'''
 
* [http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/firefly/ Firefly proposal]
 
* [http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/firefly/ Firefly proposal]
** Gunnar is the second mentor. Creation review soon. Vote for Wayne on PMC soon.
+
** Doug and Wayne will meet in a couple of days to discuss creation review.
** No updates yet.
+
* [[DSDP/Package|DSDP Packaging]] - Discuss status and next steps
* [[DSDP/Package|DSDP Packaging]]
+
** ESE work didn't turn out as Martin expected.
** Discuss status and next steps
+
** Work is not progressing as quickly as Martin would like, and he has a bandwidth problem.
 +
** Wascana is providing some of what we need.
 +
** Question: does anyone else want to help out? What are we going to do for EclipseCon.
 +
*** DSP BIOS will be opened source.
 +
*** Bob Frankel is leaving TI, and will be working more on the RTSC project. Bob wants to pull together an embedded environment.
 +
*** Eric is also supportive of this, but not sure about staffing.
 +
*** Christian: the Mobile Working Group is interested in MTJ+Eclipse as a Mobile package, so maybe there are two initiatives.
 +
*** '''AI: Martin, Bob, Eric, Wayne - call to discuss packaging project.'''
 
* Next Meeting: TBD.
 
* Next Meeting: TBD.
  
 
== Project Status ==
 
== Project Status ==
  
* DD (last mtg)
 
** DD 1.1 release, getting ready to move.
 
 
* Firefly
 
* Firefly
 +
** Discussed above.
 
* Incubator
 
* Incubator
* MTJ (last mtg)
+
** Doug will get to it eventually.
** Train release and roadmap for next year.
+
* MTJ
** Sybase is contributing a lot around libraries.
+
** Open IP issue on train, other things are on track.
** Hugo has moved to a new project. He wants to stay engaged on MTJ, but he won't be full time.
+
** Need to put the documentation on line (DSDP info center). Diego could use some help.
** New engineer assigned to the team. Currently doing bug fixes in preparation for graduating into a committer.
+
** '''Martin and Diego to work on getting MTJ docs in the info center this week.'''
* NAB (last mtg)
+
* MWG
** IP process on Demo player.
+
** No new updates yet, other than the packaging stuff discussed above.
** No bug fixing in December. Will start up in January.
+
** Where should the repository live? IP issues?
 +
* NAB
 +
** Martin will cover Shigeki's talk at EclipseCon.
 +
** JWG - Japanese translations continue.
 +
** '''Doug: Follow up with Denis on installing Japanese language pack on Bugzilla 3.2 test install.'''
 
* RTSC
 
* RTSC
 
** One of our committers (Bob Frankel) is leaving TI but remains on the RTSC project  
 
** One of our committers (Bob Frankel) is leaving TI but remains on the RTSC project  
Line 62: Line 75:
 
** working on 4 hour tutorial (tentative HW: $20 USB development board for MSP430 with UART and wireless)
 
** working on 4 hour tutorial (tentative HW: $20 USB development board for MSP430 with UART and wireless)
 
** got TI management approval to Open Source DSP/BIOS 6.x (built top-to-bottom with RTSC)
 
** got TI management approval to Open Source DSP/BIOS 6.x (built top-to-bottom with RTSC)
* TM (last mtg)
+
** '''Doug: Follow up with Don and Bjorn on giving away a small reference board as part of the tutorial.'''
** 3.0.2 release on Friday.
+
* TM
** Feature development after that.
+
** Release stuff.
** Really wants to adapt Common Builder technologies. Will be helpful for other DSDP projects.
+
* TmL
* TmL (last mtg)
+
 
** TmL 0.2 approved on Tuesday, now working to finalize and promote.  should announce today or tomorrow.
 
** TmL 0.2 approved on Tuesday, now working to finalize and promote.  should announce today or tomorrow.
** Fruitful discussion with Scott Lewis on cooperating with TCF.
 
 
** Interest from Sony Ericsson on working with TmL and other projects on the IDE for Linux project
 
** Interest from Sony Ericsson on working with TmL and other projects on the IDE for Linux project
 
** Submitted an abstract on TmL + DSDP Packaging project to OpenSource World (the former LinuxWorld)
 
** Submitted an abstract on TmL + DSDP Packaging project to OpenSource World (the former LinuxWorld)
 
** Couple minor glitches getting on the Milestone train for Galileo.
 
** Couple minor glitches getting on the Milestone train for Galileo.
 +
** Fruitful discussion with Scott Lewis on cooperating with ECF.
  
 
== Old Business ==
 
== Old Business ==

Revision as of 10:14, 15 January 2009

Time

World Clock

Dial-in Info

  • US: 800-741-0846
  • International: 706-679-9532
  • Passcode: 7817182169#

Invited Attendees

  • Eric Cloninger
  • Doug Gaff
  • Christian Kurzke
  • Shigeki Moride
  • Martin Oberhuber
  • Pawel Piech
  • Dave Russo
  • Wayne Parrot (guest)

New Business

  • Introducing Wayne and Firefly Project
  • Pawel on the PMC
    • DD has moved. What does Pawel want to do?
  • EclipseCon 09
    • M&E Talks
    • Podcast - Eric
    • 418, 481 - authors and descriptions are correct now (thanks Scott R and Eric)
    • AI: Martin and Eric will meet to discuss logical coupling between TCF+TmL tutorial.
  • Galileo Train Release
    • Galileo Requirement Status
    • Download link
    • DD: what to do with requirements?
    • MTJ: core requirements are missing
    • TmL: missing on download page (discussed offline with Eric).
    • DSDP Branding (should do for Galileo)
      • One icon to rule them all!!!
      • Doug: Work on a single DSDP icon for Galileo branding.
  • Firefly proposal
    • Doug and Wayne will meet in a couple of days to discuss creation review.
  • DSDP Packaging - Discuss status and next steps
    • ESE work didn't turn out as Martin expected.
    • Work is not progressing as quickly as Martin would like, and he has a bandwidth problem.
    • Wascana is providing some of what we need.
    • Question: does anyone else want to help out? What are we going to do for EclipseCon.
      • DSP BIOS will be opened source.
      • Bob Frankel is leaving TI, and will be working more on the RTSC project. Bob wants to pull together an embedded environment.
      • Eric is also supportive of this, but not sure about staffing.
      • Christian: the Mobile Working Group is interested in MTJ+Eclipse as a Mobile package, so maybe there are two initiatives.
      • AI: Martin, Bob, Eric, Wayne - call to discuss packaging project.
  • Next Meeting: TBD.

Project Status

  • Firefly
    • Discussed above.
  • Incubator
    • Doug will get to it eventually.
  • MTJ
    • Open IP issue on train, other things are on track.
    • Need to put the documentation on line (DSDP info center). Diego could use some help.
    • Martin and Diego to work on getting MTJ docs in the info center this week.
  • MWG
    • No new updates yet, other than the packaging stuff discussed above.
    • Where should the repository live? IP issues?
  • NAB
    • Martin will cover Shigeki's talk at EclipseCon.
    • JWG - Japanese translations continue.
    • Doug: Follow up with Denis on installing Japanese language pack on Bugzilla 3.2 test install.
  • RTSC
    • One of our committers (Bob Frankel) is leaving TI but remains on the RTSC project
    • First CQ (https://dev.eclipse.org/ipzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2948) awaiting PMC approval
    • working on 4 hour tutorial (tentative HW: $20 USB development board for MSP430 with UART and wireless)
    • got TI management approval to Open Source DSP/BIOS 6.x (built top-to-bottom with RTSC)
    • Doug: Follow up with Don and Bjorn on giving away a small reference board as part of the tutorial.
  • TM
    • Release stuff.
  • TmL
    • TmL 0.2 approved on Tuesday, now working to finalize and promote. should announce today or tomorrow.
    • Interest from Sony Ericsson on working with TmL and other projects on the IDE for Linux project
    • Submitted an abstract on TmL + DSDP Packaging project to OpenSource World (the former LinuxWorld)
    • Couple minor glitches getting on the Milestone train for Galileo.
    • Fruitful discussion with Scott Lewis on cooperating with ECF.

Old Business

  • DSDP Incubator project (no progress or update today)
    • Unanimous approval to create the incubator. (TO DO) Doug: create the DSDP incubator and build the initial website.