Connectivity Europa Features
The following are the areas of focus for the Europa release. NOTE: This information is preliminary.
Elevate provisional API to platform status.
Unit Test Coverage
Improve unit test coverage for public API.
Improve developer documentation.
- Enable database recognition extension point
- Integrate with ConnectionInfo connection factories
- Investigate whether or not driver definition templates may be simplified (i.e. remove vendor specific driver definitions)
DSE Specialization for SQL Model Content
Define standard approaches for specializing SQL model content
- Overriding default container names
- Adding content to default containers
- Specializing content structure
Integrate Work Offline Mode
Integrate Work Offline mode with core connectivity framework
WTP/RDB Adopter Migration
- Ensure feature compatibility
- Provide technical support to adopters
- Integrate connection profile framework with ODA runtime
- Add support for multi-dimensional data sources
Generic Database Support
- Expand generic DDL generation to include SPs, UDFs, etc.
- Modify JDBC catalog objects to recycle objects during refresh
- Document contribution process
- Update Derby catalog loader to use new catalog loader utility classes