Connectivity Europa Features
This page details the release plan for the Europa release.
- 1 Release Goals
- 1.1 Europa Specific Requirements
- 1.2 API Promotion
- 1.3 WTP/RDB Adopter Migration
- 1.4 ODA Enhancements
- 1.5 Generic Database Support
- 1.6 Community Outreach
- 1.7 General
- 2 Planning Strategy
- 3 Useful BZ Queries
This section details the goals and feature work to be completed for the Europa release. The items are listed in order of importance.
Europa Specific Requirements
These are derived from the Europa release requirements
- Separate runtime and SDK feature sets
- Will be accommodated by DTP release engineering
All plugins must specify required JVM versionCompleted
- Target for M5
All plugins should be JARedCompleted
- Target for M5
- Top level bugzilla entry 172550
Elevate provisional API to platform status.
Unit Test Coverage
Improve unit test coverage for public API.
Improve developer documentation.
Planned revisions to public API. These revisions may be released as provisional API.
Note: API changes must be completed by M6
- Enable database recognition extension point
- Integrate with ConnectionInfo connection factories
- Investigate whether or not driver definition templates may be simplified (i.e. remove vendor specific driver definitions)
The proposed solution.
- Information from DatabaseMetaData should supercede statically defined settings in DatabaseDefinition, where/when applicable (BZ 166526).
DSE Specialization for SQL Model Content
Define standard approaches for specializing SQL model content (BZ 162291)
- Overriding default container names
- Adding content to default containers
- Specializing content structure
Integrate Work Offline Mode
Integrate Work Offline mode with core connectivity framework (BZ 175005)
Open Data Access
- Adds support of “boolean” data type in result set columns and parameters (Bugzilla 127234)
- Provides explicit setting of a null value to an input parameter (Bugzilla 122121)
- Exposes the Name of a Parameter in its Runtime Meta Data (Bugzilla 177266)
Proposed solution: ODA Public API Change Specification
WTP/RDB Adopter Migration
- Ensure feature compatibility
- Connection selection dialog (BZ 170130)
- Provide technical support to adopters
- Integrate connection profile framework with ODA runtime (BZ 175634)
Generic Database Support
- Expand generic DDL generation to include SPs, UDFs, etc. (BZ 175007)
- Modify JDBC catalog objects to recycle objects during refresh (BZ 170579)
- Document contribution process
- Update Derby catalog loader to use new catalog loader utility classes (BZ 167471)
All work items have a corresponding BZ entry associated with them. For planning purposes, all items targeted for a specific milestone will have a high probability of being completed for the Europa release. Any items targeted for simply 1.5 will be completed as time permits.