Before asking a question on the forums
Revision as of 01:44, 17 November 2010 by Stepper.esc-net.de
- Search for the answer. Google is your friend. Do your part.
- Choose the right forum - don't just post project-specific questions in the Newcomers forum.
- Don't introduce yourself. It's a kind gesture, but unnecessary at Eclipse.org.
Ready to ask a question?
- Pay attention to your spelling. if ur msg is 2 hard 2 read, no1 will ansr.
- Provide details. Eclipse version, sample code, exception stack traces, steps to reproduce.
- Be polite. You may be frustrated, but folks are here to help. Profanity is not tolerated here.
- Be patient -- everyone is busy. Your problem is important to you and everyone knows that.