Architecture Council/Meetings/February 11 2010
< Architecture Council | Meetings
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday February 11, 2010 at 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| NEW Canada 1-877-727-8553 toll free / 1-416-840-9801 caller paid|
NEW U.S. 1-866-394-4146 toll free / 1-480-629-1624 caller paid
NEW passcode 428029063
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|BIRT:||<stike>Wenfeng Li</strike>|| |
|DTP:||Brian Payton|| |
|| TBD (DSDP-PMC),|
|STP:||Antoine Toulme||Oisin Hurley|
|TPTP:||Eugene Chan|| |
- Regrets: Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Martin Oberhuber (vacation), Darin Wright (conflict), Markus Knauer (on a train)
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
- Architecture Council/Meetings/January 14 2010
- (old) Wayne to ask EclipseCon PC/Donald if we can get a room for e4 Hack-a-thon (migration, creating plug-ins, etc.)
- (old) Wayne to discuss "e4 ready" marketing campaign with Ian.
- (old) Ed to tell Cloudsmith about bug 283745 Maven
- (old) Martin to file bug for asking Mik hyperlink Wikitext / crowdsourcing Docs handbook on the Architecture Council/Top Ten Project Development Practices page
- Andrew to follow up with more info for Martin about switching target platform docs in linuxtools
- Andrew to file bug for better documenting "git at Eclipse for dummiees" and add bug number to AC notes -> bug 299663
- Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
- Martin to investigate status of the Eclipse Nexus Project -> According to costa, the Nexus project "died on the vine" due to not getting enough interested parties. Kosta is in favor of improving Eclipse / Website infrastructure to make it simple enough for even small components to be a full project.
- Still open items moved to #Action Items
- bug 123878 format of help content
- Platform tracing API
- There will be a Planning Council meeting on Sunday at 2pm.
- Martin suggests doing an All-Council Meeting (PC, AC, RC) right after at 3pm.
- Don has some things to discuss in an all-council meeting
- Do we want an AC-only meeting in parallel to the PC at 2pm in a different room? - An AC BoF would be another option. The small "AC workgroup" to go over the AC bugzilla backlog was quite effective last year.
Common Builder (Athena)
- Status of documentation, how hard is it to get started?
- Who can help coming up with a "cookbook" for jumpstarting Athena builds at Eclipse?
e4 - current state of affairs
Items for next meeting
Regular briefing on the status of e4.
We need to reduce our bug backlog, by actually coming to a common resolution on some. Here are the most recent ones:
- DaveC would like to discuss New Committer Guidelines; Scrum / Agile techniques
- bug 285074 - Dave Carver - Hudsonbuilder and write access to the cvs / svn repo
- bug 283745 - Maven Repository at Eclipse
- bug 288393 - Denis - Bugzilla Best Practices
- The art of project release naming - no bug yet ?!?
- AC Bugzilla backlog
- See also Architecture Council/Open Issues for overflow items that were not discussed
- News from the EMO and Councils ?
- (old) Martin to follow up on Architecture Diagrams idea
- (old) Michael to flesh out the Patterns idea and remind the EAC -- started Architecture Council/Top Ten Recommendations#Design Patterns, backed by EclipseCon tutorial proposals
- While these show how well-known GoF patterns are applied in Eclipse, Michael's idea was more to find and describe new patterns which are specific to Eclipse
- (old) Michael to draft an E-Mail about the "plugin granularity" idea, searching for people to lead the effort
- (old) Tools and Tech PMC's to encourage incubating grandfathered projects find a mentor; mentorless projects due to AC members quitting or falling dormant
- (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
- (old) Mik to create initial "architectural walkthrough" material for Mylyn -- 1 wiki page not too large, send link to the mailing list
- (old) Dave C work with Wayne on a "handbook" for project criteria for becoming a committer (referencing committer guidelines)
- (old) Dave C come up with a document how to save build resources
- (old) Dave C to try bugzilla UNCONFIRMED state
- (old) Wayne to ask Sonatype about Nexus test installation
- (old) Wayne to try doing a 3.6m2 API Report on Helios m2