XQuery Development Tools/Release
This page shows the steps that have to be followed in order to build and declare an XQDT release.
The committer must have the following projects checked out from the WTP CVS repository into the workspace:
- All XQDT core plug-in projects from "incubator/sourceediting/plugins" (the XQDT plugins are prefixed with: "org.eclipse.wst.xquery.")
- The following dependent plug-in available in the same repository location:
- All XQDT Features from "incubator/sourceediting/features" (the XQDT features are prefixed with: "org.eclipse.wst.xquery.")
- The "webtools.maps/releng.incubator.xquery" releng project
- Have a successful build of all XQDT plug-ins in your workspace
- Make sure all the plug-ins and features mentioned in the Prerequisites section above are present in the "xquery.map" file in the "releng.incubator.xquery" project
- Make sure you don't have uncommitted changes in any of the XQDT required plug-ins.
- Right click in the "Project Explorer" View, choose "Team" -> "Release...". On the "Map Project Selection", select the "releng.incubator.xquery" project. If you want to skip this step next times you can check the "Always use this map project" option. Click "Next" button.
- On the "Project Selection" page, check the "xquery.map" node in the tree control. Uncheck the "Release only projects that have changed since the last release" option if checked. Click "Next" button.
- On the "Project Selection" page check the "xquery.map" tree node such that all projects pointed by this map file are selected. Also, uncheck the "Release only projects that have changed since the last release" option. Click "Next" button.
- On the "Release Tag" page give the tag name in the form: vYYYYMMDDHHMM (e.g. v201001071655). Select the "Show the file change before committing" option. Click "Next" button.
- On the "Configuration File Changes" double click on the "xquery.map" entry and review the changes that will be committed in the compare view below. If everything looks OK for you, click "Next" button.
- On the "Commit Comment" provide a meaningful message about the release you are making. Click "Finish" button.
This should be enough to start a release build of XQDT which will start shortly after (maybe in 10 minutes). The progress of the build can be seen on the CruiseControl Dashboard.