WTP Release Tasks
For each WTP release, there are a few bookkeeping tasks unrelated to planning, development, and building, that also need tending to.
They should be recorded here so they're not forgotten. This is intended as a living document.
Tasks for Major and Minor Releases
- The release should be tagged in all non-releng repositories.
- Maintenance branch may created for future adopter patch builds. Main development will continue in master for the next quarterly simultaneous release.
- A New Help for Old Friends page created, if required
Tasks for All Releases (including Service Releases)
- Copy last RCx to R using WTP Publish job
- R-build GA'd on http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/, and email sent out declaring it
- EPP packages tested, signed-off on, and webmaster notified to show them on https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse-packages
- Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers: Chuck (Java EE Smoke and also manual checks to general layout, preferences etc for changes from integrated features like m2e, oomph etc..)
- Project metadata at https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/webtools updated for the release version
- Project metadata at https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/webtools created for the next release
- Composite site updated via WTP Publish Repo job. Repeat for latest 20xx-yy site
- Marketplace listings created/updated for these 3 listings (contact Nitin D. if you want edit privileges, but try to keep the mandatory features to a minimum)
- WTP_FAQ installation instructions updated (add versions/numbers/update sites)
/common.php(linking to Java EE package page and release train update site)
/releases/index.htmlupdated to point to newest release
- New release-specific landing page under
- download.eclipse.org, archive.eclipse.org, build.eclipse.org Site Updates:
- Add new versions / remove old versions from: /shared/webtools/committers/buildbranches.php
- Add new versions / remove old versions from: /home/data/httpd/download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/buildbranches.php
- Move old releases from download.eclipse.org to archive.eclipse.org. If you don't have permission, open a bug.
- Clean out old Jenkins workspaces / saved builds, old builds from http://build.eclipse.org/webtools/committers/, and old builds from http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/
- Use WTP-Disk-Cleanup job
- Update releng files w/ new versions/dependencies:
Project Lead Tasks
Each project lead or a designated Committer should perform these tasks for every release.
- Repositories tagged for the release
- Bugs triaged/retargeted out of the release
- Babel repo/branch set/updated for release
- Version value created in Bugzilla