- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting
- 2 Focus on Quality (Neil)
- 3 WTP 3.2.5
- 4 WTP 3.3.0
- 5 WTP 3.3.1?
- 6 Other business
- 7 References
WTP Development Status Meeting
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2011)
For Indigo/Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
Focus on Quality (Neil)
- Focus Item:
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before June 1st, 2011 (This week - 27)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
- Untargeted bugs and enhancements with patches attached over 1 year old (This week - 15; Last week - 15)
- Untargeted bugs and enhancements with patches attached (This week - 26; Last week - 26)
- latest build
- Proposed Smoketest procedure: Weekly smoketest required only for projects contributing week to week. Project lead's may request a WTP wide smoketest if submitting changes that may effect others. All projects will resume smoke testing after PMC-review starts until final build.
- Projects should notify Chuck / David if it is known week to week they will not be participating, so smoke report template can be changed
- 6/17 M build
- Regular weekly M builds
- 9/30 M build
- 10/7 M build (after this build, begin PMC-review ramp-down (+1 begins))
- 10/14 M build (after this build, begin +2)
- 10/21 M build (after this build, begin +3)
- 10/28 M build final build (with one week of buffer following this week, quiet week, until 11/4 (re-spin would require +3))
- 11/4 WTP 3.2.5 GA
See "references"  for detailed explanation of what these dates mean.
3.2.5 Bug Review
- rename RC4b to R and "quietly" put on downloads, to replicate [dw]
- update HTML to point to final versions of our prereq URLs [dw]
- update repository properties, b3aggrcon, etc. for final repository [dw]
- tag map files, soon. [dw]
- add docs to info center, that is, add info to bug 348355 [Neil] (Completed)
- final/combined new and noteworthy [Nitin] current draft
- Release "landing page" [Nitin] Release Notes will mention known incompatibilities with 4.x
- news item (for 6/22) [Nitin]
- GA 06/22
- SR1 Builds to start shortly after 3.3.0 GA
- Start discussion on smoke test procedure... similar to 3.2.5? Those that contribute should test? No test == passed test?
- Open bugs targeted to WTP 3.3 good work triaging!
- Release Review by EMO successful
Reminders for extra testing
- Use 4.1 as base, of our Indigo deliverables known incompatibilities
- It's a good time to update tutorials, and in general all website content needs updating - Are you pointing to project overview? Is it up to date?, Highlighted new features in release?
- Coming to a city near you! - Try to attend Eclipse Indigo Demo Camps
- Should we, WTP, have more direct connection to Mylyn reporting ability?
- See bug 347261 - "Report Bug or Enhancements ... " is missing products
- Our plan dates are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for some "Simultaneous Release" due dates ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'll not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
- Hotbug Policy
- See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.