WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2011)
For Indigo/Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
- Ready to declare latest build?
- Bug Review
- 01/21 Declared M-build
- 01/28 Declared M-build [contributed to Helios SR2 RC2 +2 due on 02/02]
- PMC +2 review from 01/28 to 02/04
- 02/04 Declared M-build [contributed to Helios SR2 RC3 +2 due on 02/09]
- PMC +3 review from 02/04 to 02/11
- 02/11 Final M-build [contributed to Helios SR2 RC4 +2 due on 02/16]
- 02/25 Official Release
See "references"  for detailed explanation of what these dates mean.
WTP 3.2.x ?
- As we ramp down for 3.2.3, some WTP (sub)projects are considering having subsequent, longer term maintenance releases for 3.2 stream. Enough subprojects so that we will refer to it collectively as "WTP 3.2.4" (and maybe even "WTP 3.2.5"?) even though it may not literally be all subprojects that participate or have changes.
- Too early to plan dates or details, but would need to be done in a way that doesn't interfere with Indigo or its maintenance releases ... which implies months like May? August?
- Being mentioned now, to be sure all committers that want to participate (or not) know what is being discussed. I'd say it would be fair to create bugzilla targets of, say, "3.2.4" -- if that helps bug triage -- and if turns out we do not have subsequent maintenance releases those bugs could be re-triaged to more appropriate targets. Perhaps the triage itself will help decide who, if, or when to participate. But please don't triage blindly ... only use targets for bugs that highly desired to be or relatively sure to be in that target.
- Stay tuned. I'd estimate these plans to become more concrete over next few months.
- Ready to declare latest build?
- Standard Plans are done (right?)
- Any anticipated IP requests that do not yet have a CQ Open? (Deadline is coming up ... January 31st? M5-February 11?).
- M5 01/27 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 02/01)
- M6 03/10 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 03/15)
- M7 04/28 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/03)
- RC1 05/12 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/17)
- RC2 05/19 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/24)
- RC3 05/26 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/31)
- RC4 06/02 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 06/07) [Final build]
- GA 06/22
- Hotbug Policy
- Our plan dates are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for some "Simultaneous Release" due dates ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'll not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.