WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
- Welcome to Mark Hutchinson as new webservices committer.
- Cool stuff coming up:
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2010)
For Indigo/Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
3.2.3 builds are running on R3_2_maintenance maps (and R2_3_maintenance for Dali)
- Still needs work on releng tests and exact distribution zips
Smoke tests and declared M builds will resume in ... January? (Or, when requested? Nov?)
- See Carl's proposal.
- There wasn't much discussion/comment today ... but was just posted ... we'll discuss more next week, and try to finalize next week. Please raise comments or counter proposals to wtp-dev list
- Ready to declare latest build?
- [Anticipated completion Friday morning (EEST)]
- Be sure to read/review Eclipse Platform plan
- Project Leads: See subproject plan documents under
- Initial Planning document by M2
- Iterate/Review plans by M3
- Final Plans by M4
- Lets review Web Tools Platform Plans
- improve Java EE 6 support
- e4 (Eclipse 4.1) tolerance (no exploitation of non compatible function planned)
- Objective is to work with both Platform 3.7 and 4.1 (with only one set of compiled code ... compiled against 3.7)
Other Candidate Themes?
Anyone interested in these? Resources available? Do they cross projects, or just enhancement to one or two?
- Maven enablement support (at least make more friendly for maven users, if not direct support)
- OSGi enterprise support
- Any items from "top 10" list of problems to focus on. deadlocks? performance? modularity? api? test coverage?
- ... ?
8/13 WTP M1
9/24 WTP M2
- Rob's query to wtp-dev? Server Tools question or Module Core question? Done (or ... in progress).
- They had a quick phone call this week, will (likely) turn into a feature request for WTP 3.3
- Dali's CVS restructure: done.
- caution urged on feature nesting. (TBD)
- Do we need a feature patch in webtools/helios/repository for bug 321602. Is it a blocker? (in effect) Is it a regression? (since which release?)
- Is a regression since Galileo ... just not noticed in Helios initial release. Starts to effect performance with as few as 3 or so projects. Will investigate.
- Any opinions on archived repo? I'm leaning towards offering just one, since saves only about 40 M for some people, but wastes 130 M by duplicating. Plus ... then the archive literally matches what's available via http.
- One suggestion was made to keep the unit tests in a completely different repo. (so could then just have smaller zip of tests only). Will investigate that. See if that complicates build scripts (or, simplifies?)
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.